Getting Started With Colonial Charter

Thank you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>. This will go into my library for a thorough read and guide for my very next town.

Adam and Eve works for all other version as well

I start by harvesting 20 - 30 wood or so and 5 rocks, while they are getting those I set down a stock pile on bare ground close to what they are all working on  as soon as the first tree falls I set down a small <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Shack  of 10 wood and 2 stone and set two of them to building.  Then I draw in a road to the storage cart  past the home they are building, they will ignore the road and grab the food and fire wood out of the cart if any.  If something is missing from the cart, I'm sure to queue that up immediately after the home, and set one on it.  rather its food or firewood, I always get it in time.. even in the harsh starts.. this means you need to be sure to have the 30 wood from your start. After they start on the road, I then queue up the fishing docks and hunter lodge both from Mini Buidling Mod a Black Liquid mod..  after the the wood is chopped for firewood or food collected, when they are an issue. I place the correct buildings down before I mark the road.  and let them build them prior to making the road. after that it is pretty much up to you what you choose to do.. or you Bani's  as they are called above.. The reason for the house first is clearly because in harsh start early spring freezes are an issue.  I once lost an entire colony, save one young girl, who lived to the ripe old age of 64, I earn my zero's. That playthru was one of the funnest and sadest times I've had in banished, I cried when she died..  who says they are just numbers of data on a sheet.. hasn't played banished..

I have a play style similar to <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>, as I turn off disasters, plus I keep the climate setting gentle (usually either mild, very mild or temperate), and use large open maps that usually provide plenty of space to work. 

Then it's usually just a matter of designing a layout that pleases me. I've gotten pretty good at pushing food and warmth levels to sustainable right away, so I can focus on trade and tweaking health and happiness. I love perfect 5 stars and hearts.

Last week, though, I tried out DSSV Stranded Harder.

wowzers

Adam and Eve has 2 people, 7 tools, 7 clothes, 100 fuel, 250 food, and a cart. Stranded Harder has 4 adults no food, no tools, no storage, and no clothes except the ones on their backs (they're not running round nekked!) It was a bit of a thrill, seeing if I could get them to survive and thrive. Even with easy climates, abundant resources and plenty of space, it took quite a while to ramp up to my normal level (which for me is usually around 750-1000 people with 3 to 5 times the amount of food needed for a year and at least 3 to 5 sets of tools and clothes for everyone, with very high happiness, health, etc.)

The only debug cheat I used was "set everyone as educated," because Claude, Marie, Zoya and Bob were highly skilled experts in their fields when they got stranded, and they've taught everyone how to be very efficient!

Starting is the best part, and now I'm looking forward to trying out the types I haven't used yet!

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_07/tempsnip.thumb.png.b54aad1838a18a2dd10cdef59d634404.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_07/tempsnip2.png.bd29d187794e97e332c69225b179e0a1.png[/img]

you could try the norseman mod from TOM.you have 3 stars and then build happiness up. with your harder starts,the min mod,work place and quick hunters are handy.

My technique is quite similar to Badger's, except that I don't bother building a forester and tailor until I have everything else stabilized.  I rely on a duck blind for protein. 

Quote:
On 12.1.2018 at 6:56 AM, estherhb said:

As promised, here's how I start a new town, using an Easy Start.  This is a Word file.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" data-fileid="2853" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2853">Easy Start.docx</a>

Thank you Esterhb [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />