Very large maps with lakes

EDIT 13Dec16:  Note that the "Medium Map" title on the image is from the mini-map mod I am using and is not the starting conditions.

Hi everyone, after adding some comments to the poll for what would we like to see in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> version 1.7, I figured I should try and post some screenshots of the two map types I mentioned in that thread. I like the larger maps because I like to make a few villages and one or two small towns on the map. These two particular types also give large lake areas that don't look like the normal Banished "circle lake".

Terrain Type - [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Lake Waters

Terrain Size - [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Very Large

Map Seed - 777, or Map Seed - 999

The bottom of the Yellow Box shows the starting location of the map.

Map Seed 777

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="21" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_11/5839b777d0d9f_MapSeed777.jpg.4983cd7d5a3e01735bcc3e9a224c2c2f.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_11/5839b777d0d9f_MapSeed777.jpg.4983cd7d5a3e01735bcc3e9a224c2c2f.jpg[/img]</a>

Map Seed 999

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="22" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_11/5839b7966bd2e_MapSeed999.jpg.cf65aade06e1db9fffbedc9dc1f95ec8.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_11/5839b7966bd2e_MapSeed999.jpg.cf65aade06e1db9fffbedc9dc1f95ec8.jpg[/img]</a>

Oooh excellent. I'm going to start up a game with 999. I love the more natural looking lakes. Thank you.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> You're welcome.

I have to admit that 999 is my favourite of the two because the starting location is an island so you have to be a little careful with town expansion but hey, it's an island and I just love the idea of it haha [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Then there's the little island in the main lake where you can have a small community as well. I use this island for the Japanese building mods because you can fit all of them on there and still have room for a small market and a small decorative orchard (I usually use plum trees)... now if we could only get decorative cherry blossom trees!

In case you haven't got the Japanese mods and are interested in them: -

Japanese Facilities - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...earchtext=

Japanese Houses - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=337106753  or you can get them from http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/612-Japanese-Houses

Since I also look for large maps with lakes, I'm going to post some seed numbers in here:

• Lake Waters - Very Large - 610724488

• Lake Waters - Very Large - 217535411

• Lake Waters - Large - 577451853

• Lake Waters - Large - 39831256

• Sand Lakes - Large - 243106443

I hope you don't mind, I didn't want to start a new thread for the exact same thing. *grin* I don't have any pictures, but I'll try to remember to take some.

No I don't mind at all, it's a good idea [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

It's going to be easier for people to find the maps they want if we keep similar starting conditions in the same thread.

Large Lake Waters  384395215

The map in the far right corner is what the Lakes look like on this map.

I am probably gonna terraform the single circular one and put something there to cover it over.  

But I really like how the others look , so will keep them [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_11/583cdf3bbc590_unabletoreproduceyr6.thumb.png.3a1aa5418b0b74dfb43450c411a4ce98.png[/img]

That main lake from seed  384395215  is quite interesting and I agree that the small circular one is worth removing/changing. Maybe changing it to a third (or quarter) it's size so it looks like the river has expanded but not enough to make a lake.

I've never been particularly good with the terraforming tool so I wonder what variations would occur by changing a number here or there in the map seed? Sounds like a project for the weekend when I've got some time to experiment!

Quote:
3 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

That main lake from seed  384395215  is quite interesting and I agree that the small circular one is worth removing/changing. Maybe changing it to a third (or quarter) it's size so it looks like the river has expanded but not enough to make a lake.

I've never been particularly good with the terraforming tool so I wonder what variations would occur by changing a number here or there in the map seed? Sounds like a project for the weekend when I've got some time to experiment!

I had never used the Terraforming tool before.

Now I know why.  Things like that are dangerous in my hands.

I had people walking through the river, stuck in the river , and the same with the animals.

My poor Trader all you could see was his head as he rowed through the ground I had created.

When you have a lake/pond like that that has the traders river flowing trough it, it is quite difficult to see where the traders river actually runs.

Which made it hard to determine what to terraform and what not to.  I ended up creating a path that I thought would have been the right path.

But apparently Luke didn't agree with me, because clearly it wasn't.

I was extremely sleepy by then and created a damaging mess and had to delete the map and start all over from scratch on it again.  

Well, if you're careful, you can use the Terraform to lower the water parts back down. (Not Flatten Terrain, but Terraform)

If you lower normal terrain, you just get a big black hole in the ground because there's not water under there. But if you had water originally, and you raise it, you can lower it back down and the water should still be there.

Quote:
46 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

Well, if you're careful, you can use the Terraform to lower the water parts back down. (Not Flatten Terrain, but Terraform)

If you lower normal terrain, you just get a big black hole in the ground because there's not water under there. But if you had water originally, and you raise it, you can lower it back down and the water should still be there.

Yeah I dd that although I can say I wasn't too graceful in doing so [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

My main problem was trying to figure out what the exact path of the River was supposed to be.

So I had people walking through the River, animals were doing the same, to get to the other side.  

Even though there was 2 bridges on either side of them that were close enough to get to.

And the poor Trader... hmm [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" /> 

All I could see of him was the top of his head ( he was underground, as if he was still following the route he has programmed to follow) as he passed through there.

Had that happen to me before,  not long after it hit the Mods list . Hence why I stopped even using Flatten Terrain for awhile.  

I now use it on regular land only to smooth out small lumps in the ground.

Guess I should go back to sticking to doing that again.