Very large maps with lakes

999 definitely intrigues me [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

But I seem to have problems with Large Maps. I keep getting Fatal Access errors and can't figure out why.

I even get them early in the start of a game   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Quote:
2 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

They turn around and try to find another way to exit the map.

omg  too funny

I love it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a>

now I can't stop laughing

A vision of it happening came into my mind when I read that  lol

Quote:
Just now, rejectedegg said:

999 definitely intrigues me [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

But I seem to have problems with Large Maps. I keep getting Fatal Access errors and can't figure out why.

I even get them early in the start of a game   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

That is strange and unfortunately I have so little knowledge of the programming & modding side of things that I can't even think of what might be causing it.

Hopefully some of the people here might be able to figure it out? It's a major downer that's for sure, I build every town on Large or Very Large maps so I can empathize with your frustration [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634ba7d688_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic500.png[/img] 

I hope someone can solve it soon for you.

Quote:
5 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

That is strange and unfortunately I have so little knowledge of the programming & modding side of things that I can't even think of what might be causing it.

Hopefully some of the people here might be able to figure it out? It's a major downer that's for sure, I build every town on Large or Very Large maps so I can empathize with your frustration [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634ba7d688_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic500.png[/img] 

I hope someone can solve it soon for you.

I don't know if there is any hope of me being able to play on Large or Very large even with the beast of a machine I have.

I am very frustrated because of this.

But it doesn't stop me from still trying occasionally.

It just makes me sad to see whatever I have managed to get built go down due to it.

I just keep hoping that one day something will give and finally let me succeed in completing one [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I know this is going to sound kind of dumb and also like I'm teaching you to suck eggs but... do you have updated video drivers?

I don't know if you've tried this but I know some people have had some success with editing the registry entry for Banished. Obviously that's a tricky one to do - if you mess it up it can cause all kinds of problems! There are some pages over at the Shining Rock website that discuss some fatal access violation/fatal error problems one of which discuss editing the registry.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/forum...x64-dll/p1

http://shiningrocksoftware.com/forum/dis...ccured-/p1

This is the best one that works with Wow Legion and  it is only a few updates behind at the moment.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584f6fd9881f9_graphicscard.thumb.jpg.df314b3f359c3b6fdb26baad96fff984.jpg[/img]

Quote:
10 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

the way i see this problem is when the game tries to load the start point sets in the middle of a lake. since you cant start in the middle of a lake the game gets stuck in a loop. sometimes it will correct itself and just be slow at loading however many times it will never load. i have used water world and this happens a lot on those maps.

Interesting, interesting. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

With the way Banished runs I can definitely see the sort of problem that <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> mentioned being a potential culprit or at least a contributory factor. I'm using NVIDIA GTX 670, a card that's the generation before yours <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6032" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/">@rejectedegg</a> and I regularly use the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large map sizes so I can't see your graphics card being a likely cause, (as in the hardware, the software is another matter again!) 

I don't recall if you mentioned what version of DirectX you're running the game under, according to my Banished options tab I'm running the game using DX 9.0c with VSync enabled, AntiAliasing set at 2x MSAA, Texture Filtering at Trilinear, Shadow Resolution and Shadow Quality both set at Medium and Reflections set at Terrain. I know some people have had varying degrees of success using DX11 and/or changing the other settings and I have a vague notion that I chose DX 9 because I had issues with the game when using DX 11.

I haven't got any concrete solutions for this so I'm just sort of throwing ideas out!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a>  

Direct X 11

2X MSAA

Anisotropic 2X

Low

Medium

Everything