Rope

Rope is made by the Ropery using Flax, Hemp or Reeds, and at the Dock Workshop using Reeds only.

It is used in the construction of the Curing Barn and when upgrading the Dock Shanty or Dock House.  

<ul type="disc">[*]
Flag/Limit:  Crafted   (Prior to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.72:  Dry Goods)  

[*]
Trade Value:  35

[*]
Weight:  10

</ul>

View full article

My ropery has 130 reeds in it, yet there is the red circle with the slash through it. 

Why is it having problems making rope?

Edit: never mind. It just turns out you need over 130 reeds to make 2 rope. lol.

Agree with you dude XD but maybe it's some goofy trolling? XDD But if to continue the joke, what about flowers? I mean, planting the in real life, believe me, that it’s not so easy like crafting a rope lol. You need free space, at least a pot or some other container, then you need special soil and water. Having all this you are still not ready to start growing, because you need something to fertilize your cuties https://www.growgardener.com/best-rope-for-tree-swing/. Even if you collect all these items you should be very lucky to do it correctly with the first attempt.