Butter

i think you are right. the bakery has to be able to store inedible before i uses it. as to "berry", did you have blueberries? the other berries don't seem to work as a 'berry" like rasberry or blackberry.i think jams and ales work the same way in other mods. berry in game means blueberry.

Quote:
15 hours ago, stiles said:

i think you are right. the bakery has to be able to store inedible before i uses it. as to "berry", did you have blueberries? the other berries don't seem to work as a 'berry" like rasberry or blackberry.i think jams and ales work the same way in other mods. berry in game means blueberry.

Well I ask myself, what's the means by which they make flour inedible?  Maybe have a whole second set of crops/seeds that grow inedibles to circumvent the turning of it into foods.  "Cotton seeds" and then "Cotton seeds(Textiles)" to make the inedible versions.  Cotton seeds for oil, Cotton seeds (textiles) for clothes, ditto with Butter,  but because it's not a planted crop but rather one that comes from cows milks processing I wonder if the dairy barn can have a dropdown selection of what it produces, like those bee/honey collectors let you pick honey from comb honey.  Choose between cheese/butter and cheese inedible/butter inedible right from the dairy barn.  

Just a thought. And it's not like it's game breaking, it's how it would work in the real world. The barn would be owned by the dairy maker/baker or at least the dairy maker would put x amount aside for the baker. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

oh,i'm not saying it isn't possable. but that some mods out there already weren't made with that idea in mind. they won't use "inedible"foods. you can mod new buildings to do both.

Quote:
5 minutes ago, stiles said:

oh,i'm not saying it isn't possable. but that some mods out there already weren't made with that idea in mind. they won't use "inedible"foods. you can mod new buildings to do both.

I totally need to learn how to mod.  If I had the skillz I'd contribute to the cause to be sure.  For as long as I've been gaming and going in and making .ini "tweeks" back in the day, I should have learned some programming enough to do this already.  Gaming slackerhood kicks in... HA. 

most things hae been modded. thou there are always room for new ideas. in the last few mths even much has changed as us players learn more about the game limits,we try to find new ways to work around them.

many players have differing opinions on the inedible idea. it has its flaws. biggest 1 being that inedible means they would starve while having food. i do understand your dilema. i read some posts here and the guy was building a different bakery for each baked good. using the bakery plus mod that is a ton of milk and grain.he was having troubles from not having enough space to grow all that he needed.

to me those workers that run low on supply become laborers to help elsewhere.i tend to keep banis busy and my laborer count down.we all play differently.

I let my labor count get high and then slowly fill in the vendors and merchants etc... and I love having 50-80 extra for when there is a population die off, in my case it's usually because I skip a few years building homes so there are just a bunch of people who die of old age and then there just aren't enough to fill in all the jobs.  I recently went from having 320-ish adults to 210, I was cutting labor all over the place, candle makers honey gatherers shoremen the whole bit.  Then it settled in and I built a few homes more steady.  But I think it's always good to be ready in case that happens due to illness etc.  I just wish when I had that culling I had a regular town hall so I could have maybe caught lucky with a shipment of Nomads.   I hate Nomads if only because they're uneducated, but that's the trade off with them, need an influx of labor? They're not educated.  But they do breed like rabbits don't they. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />