the Bad side of town

hi again,

I made the suggestion for 1.7 to have some bad areas in town and I just wanted to expand on that. 

Quote:

<ul style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">[*]
more unsaveroy type of building so we can make a "bad area" of town ,like the smugglers dock

</ul>

I was thinking maybe some more negative building that work like churches and the library but in reverse. Could be its own theme set.

Some suggestions would be

• Gambling hut (produces coins)

• Cockfighting pit (would need chickens, produces coins)

• Fighting Pits(produces coins)

• Brothel (workers plus negative ring, could increase chance of diaseas, produces coins)

• Inn (works like a small hostal but Bad looking with negative ring)

• Black market (again negative ring, works like a trader and brings in rare/valuable items will only trade things like coing, drugs,ale, wine, weapons etc.)

• Tons of housing fiting this theme

• Decorations to fit theme

• Prisons/jails (negative ring)

• Bar/ale houses (negative rings)

• Back alleys (pre made like fountains or parks but with again negative rings)

• drug house (takes herbs and makes drugs. Can use to trade at the black market.)

I think this would add a cool (well not really cool pre -say Lol) aspect to the game and give the game some edge (at least in looks). It would be cool if any of you modders would like to give this ago. I wish I was skilled enough to attempt but my modding skills/computer knowledge is about -50 at this point. I know enough to play my games and fix tiny issues. (and thats okay ;-) ) feel free to add to the suggestions I'm sure there are more that I'm missing.

At some point, a few things on this were planned. Not sure if they still are.

A cockfighting pit would have to either take trade chickens, the domesticated animal resource, or chicken meat. I don't think a pasture animal can be a building requirement. It should, however, produce feathers and occasionally chicken meat. Heh.

I like the idea of a Black Market as a specialized trader. It would only get the Smugglers. *grin* I forget which items they will take (because I used Traders Take Anything), also I don't usually buy from them.

Specifically creating a brothel, cockfighting ring, drug den, etc. in a family game creates controversies that would need to be considered. There are lots of ways to create an unsavory part of town currently.  With some imagination, some of these items can be created. A pretty good prison can be created using the barracks (or the row houses from Brondo's Japanese Houses mod) and palisades from the Fort Set, adding stocks, hanging platforms, benches for the audience, towers, etc.  The houses and other buildings from the Dock Set can be used to create a slum.  A cockfighting ring can be created using decorative roosters and various fencing with benches for the audience.  The old Town Hall would make a pretty good brothel IMO (I've used it to create a haunted house, so why not?)

Right. If this sort of thing were done, it would probably need to be a separate mod (like Legalized Marijuana was). There are certainly people who would like to opt out of that sort of thing entirely.

On the other hand, I enjoy that sort of theming. Though I probably couldn't bring myself to actually build many fictional cockfighting rings. It would still be an interesting addition, though perhaps not an extremely useful one. *grin*

Personally I would use these parts of it 

Quote:

<ul style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">[*]
Gambling hut (produces coins)

[*]
Brothel (workers plus negative ring, could increase chance of diaseas, produces coins)

[*]
Inn (works like a small hostal but Bad looking with negative ring)

[*]
Black market (again negative ring, works like a trader and brings in rare/valuable items will only trade things like coing, drugs,ale, wine, weapons etc.)

[*]
Tons of housing fiting this theme

[*]
Decorations to fit theme

[*]
Prisons/jails (negative ring)

[*]
Bar/ale houses (negative rings)

[*]
Back alleys (pre made like fountains or parks but with again negative rings)

</ul>

but not the other parts.

I agree this would definitely have to be made a Theme Based Mod, so there are options available to those who may find things included in it as Disgusting.

Regarding brothel and similar. We appreciate the historical accuracy, and even if we wanted it we can't get it added to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> or <abbr title="MegaMod">mm</abbr>. Reason is to avoid the mods breaking steam workshop agreements.

Any additions of this kind would have to remain separate. 

I'd like more of a shanty town look, and a wealthier town look. I want it all [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I just make my shanty side of town out on the water via the Docks Theme

Or on a small secluded island and toss a bunch of shacks up 

Or in a wooded area where I pitch a bunch of mini tents up

Works for me [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
23 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

I want it all [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Me too. *grin*

Someone should totally make it all. *puppy dog eyes*

[Image: Puss_in_Boots_1_zpsyf9dmoh3.jpg]

Just two comments, apart from legal, or moral, one functionality is not a reason to reject an idea, if its only decorative than that is what it is, at this point in game design not everything needs a function. The negative/happiness ring has very little impact, according to some research I have seen. I would like to see some entertainment type structures even if only decorative.