the Bad side of town

Quote:
2 hours ago, MackGideon said:

Is it possible for a building to have TWO area of effect radii? Like if a jail or a guillotine has a small negative ring (bad to look at and experience) but also a large positive ring (good for the wider community)?

Ps: I'm not trying to advocate for the death penalty, I'm just considering game mechanics.

Being a complete noob with making mods, I have no idea if that can be done but it's certainly an interesting idea.

Quote:
3 hours ago, MackGideon said:

Is it possible for a building to have TWO area of effect radii? Like if a jail or a guillotine has a small negative ring (bad to look at and experience) but also a large positive ring (good for the wider community)?

Ps: I'm not trying to advocate for the death penalty, I'm just considering game mechanics.

This would be really cool if it could be done.

Quote:
4 hours ago, MackGideon said:

Is it possible for a building to have TWO area of effect radii?

I'd expect they just cancel each other?

Quote:
On 12/6/2016 at 5:52 AM, KevinTheCynic said:

If they don't like it, they don't have to use it, the choice is theirs.

While I am one of those you spoke of, I do however agree with what you spoke about here.

I think everyone has a mind of their own, a set of morals they follow or don't follow so on and so on.

We are all different and to me that is Great [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

While I am not a Lesbian, I do have some pretty awesome friends who are [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

While I am not Black, I do have friends who are [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I am not prejudice, but I also just don't want how someone else lives their lives to be forced upon me.

I will even most likely use some of what is being discussed here.  I however will not use and don't like the Brothel part.  Sorry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

If this can be made a stand alone mod, I am all for it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

And even if it's not.....

I don't have to build the Brothel... Simply put!

We all have a mind of our own, and we all have the freedom of making our own choices (at least on a game we do).

Quote:
On 12/7/2016 at 8:11 PM, KevinTheCynic said:

I don't think we should just copy another building and change its function to a tavern, I think we should have visually different buildings but the tavern from the bad side of town could look similar to a house or warehouse in general shape and size.

Couldn't something as simple as a sign attached to a building fulfil this?

Quote:

<div style="table-layout:fixed;width:1007.33px;margin-bottom:20px;margin-top:0px;font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">
<p style="margin-top:0px;">

<p style="margin-bottom:0px;">

</div>

The larger one would cancel out the smaller one, what would be the point. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846305d4b2bb_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic772.png[/img]

I think decorative ghost objects might just fill this need, you could then change all the buildings that exists, even those from other mods rather than have only a few new ones.

Quote:
13 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

While I am one of those you spoke of, I do however agree with what you spoke about here.

I think everyone has a mind of their own, a set of morals they follow or don't follow so on and so on.

We are all different and to me that is Great [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

While I am not a Lesbian, I do have some pretty awesome friends who are [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

While I am not Black, I do have friends who are [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I am not prejudice, but I also just don't want how someone else lives their lives to be forced upon me.

I will even most likely use some of what is being discussed here.  I however will not use and don't like the Brothel part.  Sorry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

If this can be made a stand alone mod, I am all for it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

And even if it's not.....

I don't have to build the Brothel... Simply put!

We all have a mind of our own, and we all have the freedom of making our own choices (at least on a game we do).

And this is exactly the way most people have typically dealt with these sorts of things, this is the basic idea of tolerance - as in "I don't personally like it, but I do not believe in interfering with those people who do like it". What <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6032" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6032-rejectedegg/">@rejectedegg</a> talks about is basically how we as adults should be dealing with these situations, for example one of my friends reads his wife's supernatural romance novels and enjoys them, I don't enjoy supernatural romance stories but I don't believe that I have any right to dictate what he reads and enjoys.

In regards to these sorts of mod, it's typically been a vocal but small group who have railed against them and unfortunately, to keep the peace those people who made/supported the mods have either stopped talking about it or stopped making them and that means that those of us who don't have a problem with them end up missing out on new content - and that is what annoys me the most! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Love it!

You could make it work around the PC-police by being vague with buildings but with obvious effects. Only the item name will get any real negative attention.

Like  taverns that uses chickens or a new poppy crop to produce silver.

An Inn that's staffed with ale wenches producing coins and occasional influenza cases when people leave.

Have the buildings reduce local happiness.

I really like the idea of mods that include some of the darker aspects of history like that.