Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

Sounds good to me. Personally I'd like to see all the military stuff taken out of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and turned into an optional extra. I don't use it, I never will use it, so for me all it does is make my game take longer to load.

Then after 1.7 you can go and make your own version of Banished that doesn't have so many annoying limitations. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
4 minutes ago, elemental said:

I don't use it, I never will use it

And for me its a must have [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I think people don't realise that one of the best buildings in the mod is the quartermaster and associated chains.

With the gate tower having completed its first pass, i believe the city walls and tower set is done (need some tweaking but will do later), and I hope to move on to the colonial houses from the other thread soon.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/drtbhb.png.a230b4c18ab24a18d4cd5ef2d7d4d77d.png[/img]

Looking awesome!! Reminds me of this medieval port [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> 

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/5846cd5da5297_oldport.thumb.jpg.be1db5c24b4cffbc946211c9421bd633.jpg[/img]

Quote:
18 hours ago, elemental said:

Sounds good to me. Personally I'd like to see all the military stuff taken out of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and turned into an optional extra. I don't use it, I never will use it, so for me all it does is make my game take longer to load.

Then after 1.7 you can go and make your own version of Banished that doesn't have so many annoying limitations. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I can see why you think the Fort set isn't needed but I actually use them for things not intended. I use the Barracks all the time. Makes a good admin building near mines and trading posts. I've used the parade ground when creating a horse ranch as a training area. I love the well. The tents and campfire make a good campground by a stream. The towers look good as a watchtower at the entry to a lake - and so on. I really like the Blocktower, but I think it should be buildable early on (one of the reasons I can't stop using the Debug menu).  

I love the new wall pieces!

Quote:
1 hour ago, estherhb said:

I actually use them for things not intended

Same here... barracks are a good (smaller) boarding house, the towers for all kinds of "look out spots", palisades to shore up small hills or snowdrifts, cannons for decorating admin buildings, quartermaster-chain to generate good income, even the blockhouse can be used in different settings... you don't need to build a "fort" at all...  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I'm sure many people like the fort set but personally I'm just not into the whole military aspect. One of the unique things about Banished is the compete lack of combat, so I like to keep it that way. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Obviously I'm not asking for it to be completely removed. The suggestion from Shock is have a core <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and optional extras. To me, from all the existing content the bit that really stands out as different/separate/optional is the military stuff. You could argue the docks, too, but I suspect that far more people use that set so separating it would probably be a waste of time.

But the idea of a modular <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is a very good one - for me at least. Load times are slow and getting slower as new modders add to the mix. Being able to leave out stuff you don't want would certainly help. But I'd probably still install just about everything that BL releases. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
11 minutes ago, elemental said:

But I'd probably still install just about everything that BL releases.

I like you. Feel free to hang out on the site as much as you like. Snacks on the top shelf, drinks in the cooler. Watch anything you like on the TV, but stay away from Disney - it makes <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> nervous.

So i was wrong, im done with the city wall kit NOW, it needed a few extra bits [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Excuse the coloured planes in the pic, i use them as guides when im making stuff and forgot to turn them off.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/CityWallKit.png.145531e9f1e2c1477a02ca02b83407ce.png" data-fileid="127">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/CityWallKit.thumb.png.b761ce7bff8bee802ffa1e1913b14e4e.png[/img]</a>

Is there angled pieces on the fences? Not so much the large city wall, but the fences I tend to use the angled pieces that some existing fences in game already have. The game is very perpendicular. I like to get away from that here and there. I dont know how many people actually use those though, perhaps see if a large amount chime in on the matter. I love that tall wooden wall, makes me want to watch more Walking Dead. As always, great work.