Colonial Charter 1.7 Dev Blog #1

I just saw this on reddit - had to stop and drop in and say how amazing it's looking - can't wait!

Thanks!

I'm adding to my to-do list some more shoreline variety. Specifically, occasional beach rocks that break into stone and salt, and the occasional group of shells (mostly decorative).

Rock bridge, tree bridge, covered bridge...  and the culvert bridge thingy too... You're trying to get us all to break that like button, aren't you. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

While you're over the water, can I interest you in a lake/pond gazebo? Pic isn't the best example but you get the idea.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/miltonpondgazeboflag.jpg.d713dfeac7ec1235e0e1414ce27b51d0.jpg[/img]

First, I'd like to thank all the members and contributors of Colonial Charter and Black Liquid for the amazing work and dedication.

I potentially have a rather difficult request. Is there a way to implement bridges that allows custom lengths but also custom widths? 2x15 or 5x10 etc.

https://imgur.com/a/5eEQv

The bridge resembles somewhat of what I'm thinking. The bridge in the picture is modern but it does somewhat have the width and underbelly/curvature I'd love to see in Banished. Although obviously in a more medieval kind of theme. Basically I'd love to see is no structural pillars as I typically create towns in large bodies of water. It would essentially serve as a main path into a large city. This request is based a lot on selfish reasons but if one were to succeed in making custom lengths and widths for bridges. I believe that it'd serve as a large benefit for everyone and would allow for a lot of creativity.

If this is not possible. I guess one way of implementing this would be to have three different sections of the same bridge. The left section with a fence on the left side. The middle section with no fences. The right section with a fence on the right side. Obviously, these "bridge sections" needs to be the ful tile in order for them to lap together properly. It would technically allow for a infinite width of any bridge. But would add a lot of UI buttons.

Discrepancy has made some modular bridges, so what you are asking for is certainly possible. At the moment they aren't entirely compatible with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> but that will probably be fixed at some point.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1293.0

Page 2 has the pics you want. There is a beta download link in there too.

Quote:
18 minutes ago, Adam said:

Is there a way to implement bridges that allows custom lengths but also custom widths?

Yep, theres an old mod around that does exactly this I think, i never tried it though but going from the description it seems like it should be what youre after.

link here (might need to sign up over there if havent already)

There is a bridge with your second idea already in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7.  (The one with 3 different types, left middle right).

Quote:
12 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

There is a bridge with your second idea already in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7.  (The one with 3 different types, left middle right).

I knew that [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> 

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="181" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/range.jpg.581cf77a625964271eb1318c175c2ec7.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/range.thumb.jpg.fbd928a5e797a70a80706b71501c2253.jpg[/img]</a>

Context:

[Image: pBM53a.jpg?nocache=1481268799906]

So we back in time to medieval stuff? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />