All the fishes?!!!!

Quote:
9 hours ago, stiles said:

true but then the mods that salt fish won't read the catfish or bass as "fish".unless you do as RED and build your own building for that as well. just like necora's tuna, you can't can it and make tunafish.lol

True that. 

I didn't realize you wanted to take it further along the "processed food" path but ultimately does it actually matter? If you specifically want salted catfish, salted bass, salted bream then yeah I can understand it but I don't know if the game can get that variety without having another processing building designed for that purpose. I don't think even with the new flags available that the game has the flexibility to allow this without making another building specifically to deal with it (e.g. Red's Training Camp butcher and Wood Butcher both use the new "meat products" he has included from the Training Camp mod)

RED;s <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> salt house and smokey process "fish" but without recoding won't any specific fish. a fish cleaning station was a way to solve that issue by designing only 1 building . take different fishes and use the station to re-tag them back to fish so the processors already in game can use the new items. save modders a ton of work. i think there are players who use the processing to add quality and quantity to their food items.

i do think a backwoods lake and then modular additions to have bass,catfish,sunfish,etc would be good. maybe add some different shore fishers for salmon as well. could be a nice set.

Quote:
20 minutes ago, stiles said:

RED;s <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> salt house and smokey process "fish" but without recoding won't any specific fish. a fish cleaning station was a way to solve that issue by designing only 1 building . take different fishes and use the station to re-tag them back to fish so the processors already in game can use the new items. save modders a ton of work. i think there are players who use the processing to add quality and quantity to their food items.

i do think a backwoods lake and then modular additions to have bass,catfish,sunfish,etc would be good. maybe add some different shore fishers for salmon as well. could be a nice set.

That's a good idea, well two good ideas, the fish cleaning station and the backwoods lake. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

I am one of those players who tries to get smoked or salted meats because it improves the quality of food and also because I have a desire to provide many sources of food so that if one fails it won't result in potential starvation. So yeah, other sources of food particularly those that are primary sources of food (such as fishing) rather than secondary sources (e.g. bread from mill & bakery) is something I'd welcome.

I think a back woods lake is beyond what I want to go for with my set, I'm looking more out to sea. That being said, trout and salmon are big, big species around here so I would love to add one or both of them somehow. Now, I don't know if you can add another fish population along side the current vanilla one, because I would like to add these two with fishing methods similar (radius etc.) as that makes sense for them - it doesn't with the offshore stuff because you won't be catching tuna in a river. So having a salmon population and a trout population similar to the fish population would be cool, perhaps I will give it a go.

I get the problems with the chains using the vanilla fish, anything not 'fish' will not be useful in them. From an individual modder point of view, I get that is annoying for players, but also for me. I would like my things to be fully integrated with those of others, but that is not really possible as everyone has added their own take on things. I could have a building that re-packages my stuff as 'fish', but then that would take away the point of adding them as variation in the first place. Otherwise I can make those chains and buildings myself, perhaps some canning will come in the future, but there are only so many minutes in a day...

KEVIN,sadly our modder after many months of learing has sailed away. maybe he'll find jellyfish in his lobster traps or get eatin by sharks.lol  yeah there is only so many hours,that is why i thought of a simple shortcut to the processing by just adding the cleanig station. but that was for actual fish varieties. wasn't ment to change the clams or scallops. don't think it takes away from the reason to have different fish,since each fish type has its own fishing spot design.

i have a map that does have trout and salmon in it. comes from using the north and the trout shorefisherman mods.but then you have no "fish".