Steam CC: Journey updated

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>: Journey on steam is now updated to 1.76. Some people have asked for that

There was already a "<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76" on Steam. I think it was fairly difficult to find it because the other versions were spelled out - Colonial Charter.  It looks like you took a previous version of Colonial Charter - v. 1.71 that was not compatible with Banished 1.0.7, and updated it?  Now there are two copies of Colonial Charter 1.76 - the one by you and the one by Kralyerg, labeled C<abbr title="Colonial Charter">C</abbr> 1.76. 

I don't know what this update will do to games that were saved using the previous version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

Just made an account to jump in here and ask if you guys can help me solve this (screenshot attached). From what's written above, maybe others will have the same problem?

Been totally addicted to this game and mod for the past two weeks after not playing for a while but now my saved game is so buggy it's unplayable (nothing is being built, many resources aren't getting collected, etc.).

Any ideas?

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_12/5c05fbf1ecbfc_BanishedError.png.c615f257f2de5211dd58e0ab861652f4.png[/img]

Shock Puppet was told that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 had never been uploaded to Steam. (Actually it was on Steam as "<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>" 1.76 and not spelled out so it is hard to find.) So, a few days ago he uploaded the newest version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 as an update to 1.71. SP apparently didn't think about the fact that  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 is updated for Banished 1.0.7 and uses the new flags/categories it added, so it is not save game compatible. I will try to contact SP to see if he can fix this, however it is difficult to get hold of him.

One solution, if your town isn't too large, is to destroy the buildings that no longer work such as the townhall and trading posts, and then rebuild them. The new building will be compatible.

If you have a copy of the version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> you were playing, you should be able to use that with Banished 1.0.6. Otherwise, you will need to start a new town using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 and Banished 1.0.7.

Similar problem here. Started playing couple weeks ago with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Journey from Steam (1.7.1?), then it suddenly got updated to 1.7.6, and now my saves are crashing on load (getting the same warning as on the screenshot above), which is quite upsetting. 

I do hope there there is a way to download the 1.7.1 version...

Unfortunately, the person who updated Steam did not realize that Colonial Charter 1.71 was a version that was not updated for use with Banished 1.0.7 and will require the creation of a new town. Because of the size of old files, no one here has saved a copy of 1.71. Therefore, you will need to update Banished to the current version - 1.0.7 and use the current version of Colonial Charter - 1.76.

As a side note, if you were playing version 1.71 of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> with an up-to-date version of Banished (usually is the case on Steam), you would have had issues in the long run with things not being handled correctly because of flag issues.

While the 1.71 to 1.76 update instantly doomed your town without warning, in a way it spared you the heartache of crashes and AI madness at a later date on a larger town. :-/

Thanks for the update, guys. Shame to lose the town but I wasn't over 200 pop yet so it's not the worst thing imaginable.

Does update 1.76 have any new features over 1.75? Havent played in a month or so would be nice to have a few new buildings to play with.

Primarily, the mod was updated to include the changes/additions that were made when various parts of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> were made into separate mods.  I don't remember all of the changes, but I believe the Magazine is now part of the Fort themed set; a blacksmith, a small field hospital, and a small market wagon were added. There were several new residences added to the Native themed set. A bunch of 1st floor shops were added to the modular houses in addition to the market and bakery that was already part of the set, including school, blacksmith, tailor, storage, etc. A 3rd floor Windmill was also added.