And so, it begins....

I always play at 2x  

Quote:
48 minutes ago, PredatorBeing said:

I think I would go crazy!! Challenge accepted!!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f7a8c46d_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic570.png[/img]

See you in the cuckoo's nest [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Quote:
4 hours ago, Trasd said:

OK, I figured it out!

It was simply my lack of experience and woefully wanting management skills.  I threw the time scale up to 10x and waited.  2 years later, they got around to it, though they piled resources all around the village, first!  I still need to get to know the game better.  Nuance is everything, I'm guessing....

I need to take it slower, I think, and not create a backlog of projects for my people!

Yeah if you do things like put in roads or mark an area to be cleared laborer tend to do that first and then move on to other projects. If they still need resources for building they will normally cut them down first and then move them to the stock piles and then go to the projects. 

I tend to play on 5 to 10 speed about 70% of the time and then when im mapping out the town, expanding or decorating i move down to 1 or 2 speed. I have a need for speed lol

I plan on sticking to 1x, at least until I know the game much better.  1x leaves me time to experiment.

I have nothing against the higher speeds, but feel I'll be cheating myself of learning interactions if I go that high, right now.

if your workers are sitting around and you have a building that is not being built  there are a couple things to check. 1st do you have a builder??is he busy somewhere else?? it is easy to place a bunch of fences or benches,stone roads,etc and not realize the builder is busy with those when you want him.you have a "priority"button to call him away from those jobs. the other thng <especially if playing <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> >do you have all the materials to build the building?? some require lumber,building supplies,tiles,etc. the builder wont start building without all the materials. this takes a learning curve for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. we always want a building we can not build yet. umm u did say you was new right? do you have access to the area yopu want to build?? banis are not good at swimming. they need bridges to get over rivers and even creeks. and sometimes they need a plank bridge just to go over the creek and remove some reeds so they can build a bridge.playing on some shorelines can be frustrating. it can be difficult to see what is flat and walkable and what is not. the gound dips up and down sometimes.1 way to check is to try running a road along it. if it is green,the banis can walk there. if it turns red,they can not.

Quote:
3 hours ago, stiles said:

if your workers are sitting around and you have a building that is not being built  there are a couple things to check. 1st do you have a builder??is he busy somewhere else?? it is easy to place a bunch of fences or benches,stone roads,etc and not realize the builder is busy with those when you want him.you have a "priority"button to call him away from those jobs. the other thng <especially if playing <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> >do you have all the materials to build the building?? some require lumber,building supplies,tiles,etc. the builder wont start building without all the materials. this takes a learning curve for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. we always want a building we can not build yet. umm u did say you was new right? do you have access to the area yopu want to build?? banis are not good at swimming. they need bridges to get over rivers and even creeks. and sometimes they need a plank bridge just to go over the creek and remove some reeds so they can build a bridge.playing on some shorelines can be frustrating. it can be difficult to see what is flat and walkable and what is not. the gound dips up and down sometimes.1 way to check is to try running a road along it. if it is green,the banis can walk there. if it turns red,they can not.

I'm playing vanilla right now and will work my way up to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

But, this stuff I've already figured out except, I'm too new to be cocky! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/cool.png[/img]/emoticons/cool@2x.png 2x" title="B|" width="20" />  As a rule of thumb, I try to keep a close eye on that stuff and, sometimes returning to basics yields results!

That's when you slap yourself on the head and say, "damn, I cannot believe I missed that!"

Thanks for quantifying the "ground rules."