And so, it begins....

welcome to banished. as to your question on maps: the map generator is very random so there is not really a good or bad map to start with. each player has their own style of play so they choose maps accordingly. you can spend a lot of time trying to generate a map you like. i will recommend keeping a notepad handy in case u do find a map you really like. thou the codes are randomly generated,the same code will give the same map from 1 start to the next providing you have the same mods installed.

as to getting used to the game, i recommend the vanilla version just to get used to the keys and how the game plays.it wont take long and you will find yourself wishing for things you dont have: a mill for grain,a bakery,a butcher shop,etc. then u can either add a few mods on or dive into the world of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.  to me <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is about 10 times the game as the vanilla due to all the extra mods and the productuion chains.for a newbie you might want to try REd ketchups NMT mod before the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or add both. you will find you can build and use the NMT buildings before the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>'s.  as you research various mods,you will see the building styles are different. each person has different likes and style all their own.

as to playing on a laptop, the game will load and run slow. you might try turing off the disasters AND

as to playing on a laptop, the game will load and run slow. you might try turing off the disasters and autosave. zoomin way in helps pick up game speed also. try pausing the game and design set the workers where you want them,and then zooom way in and un pause. it might help the game flow easier. also instead of loading the mega mod try the version just before that. 1.5 i think it is. the new frontier <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> has all the other <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> versions included with it. i'd also reccommend an age mod later. that will change the population growth rate.

stability can be a challenge to find. keep the workers busy. watch your food count,firewood,tools,etc. the banis have a tendancy to run out when you least expect it. if you overbuild houses your population will stall out. there are a few charts and guides on the net.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8937-cainacol12/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8937" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8937-cainacol12/">@cainacol12</a> - Thanks, those are the kinds of resources I was looking for!

What I really like is that many of them say that I was doing it right, at least in the very (very) early stages.

I can see where this game can absorb hours and hours of time playing.  So much better than pay-2-win battle simulations (and leaderboards).

Thanks, all!  I'm ready to test my new knowledge.....

You may want to wander over and browse some of my "About:..." articles...

They cover a lot of game aspects, there is also one about starting a village...[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/about-f17.html

Quote:
19 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

If my memory serves me weill, EA was pretty much were it started, wasn't it?

Well, almost...

Colonial Charter: The Forge Awakens (1.60, 1.61, 1.62)

Colonial Charter: New Frontier (1.50, 1.51, 1.52)

Colonial Charter: Curse of the Golden Llama (1.40, 1.41, 1.42, 1.43)

Colonial Charter: Excellent Adventure (1.30, 1.31, 1.32)

Colonial Charter: Iron Curtain (1.20, 1.21, 1.22, 1.23, 1.24)

Colonial Charter: Maple Harpoon (1.0, 1.1, 1.2)

Colonial Charter: Turbo (1.052)

Colonial Charter: 1620 (1.0)

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

Oops... sorry for double-posting...[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584633cc30e58_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic462.png[/img]

What[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846305e90b1c_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic774.png[/img] 

You mean somehow I missed some of them [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />

NOOOOOO [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Here is what I have 

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584d84b82b8ad_MyCCs.thumb.jpg.5eaba655794a187952c138598f8fbd46.jpg[/img]

Quote:
5 minutes ago, rejectedegg said:

Here is what I have 

You said you started with Iron Curtain, but you don't have the Iron Curtain mod file.  The first 3 releases all shared the same filename (ColonialCharter1620.pkm) <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>:EA was the first to have it's own name.  The ColonialCharter1620 file that you have there looks like it's the Maple Harpoon 1.12 version. The one right before Iron Curtain.

Quote:
17 minutes ago, Paeng said:

If my memory serves me weill, EA was pretty much were it started, wasn't it?

And when I spoke about that I meant the Production Chains.

But being that I somehow missed some of the versions that could be why it seems to me that EA is when we started getting the thicker Production Chains [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
10 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

You said you started with Iron Curtain, but you don't have the Iron Curtain mod file.  The first 3 releases all shared the same filename (ColonialCharter1620.pkm) <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>:EA was the first to have it's own name.  The ColonialCharter1620 file that you have there looks like it's the Maple Harpoon 1.12 version. The one right before Iron Curtain.

I did

I am on my 3rd computer since way back then   lol

Alot of my mods I even had to go re-find again.

I know it was either you or Shock that had a computer meltdown, trust me I know your pain  

I also had my external HD go out on me, although that was due to my own foolishness  lol

I tired to stuff too much into it and it screamed at me then locked up

So I lost a lot of my stuff there also.

I think we both did at one point or another.  Luckily <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is stored online so it was always safe.  But lots of WIP things have been lost over time. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />