Arranging the model appropriately on the for in-game placement

Good morning.

So after building 2x2 models and getting them into the game with no problems, I gave by buildings a dock which made them 2x3. However, when running it in game the model is now not lined up properly in the squares. In the pics below, it is overhanging the front of the road by a 1/2 tile, and set back from the back by a 1/2 tile. I have changed the template.rsc to be 2x3. What am I missing here?

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Overhang.jpg.e7005a9960f0fdeb286082c6a35505db.jpg" data-fileid="209">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Overhang.thumb.jpg.87aed9d1a75ab2e9ae2c5211998188c7.jpg[/img]</a>

You have to account for the road, if you're going to give it one.  If your model itself is, say, 2x3, and you want to give it a road in front of it, then you have to tell the game that it's a 2x4 with a line of roads.  Or if it's 2x2 and you want a road, then you tell the game it's 2x3. So you may have to push the center of the model back half a square to keep it centered.

Oh I put the roads on to show the offset, sorry, forgot to mention it doesn't have a road. I will try moving the model 1/2 square back in Blender and see what happens.

Did you add that wooden piece to the building after the fact?  It might be throwing things off.

I don't know about blender, but in 3DSMax, there's a thing called the Pivot. It tells the model where its center is.  So then when it's shown in game, that Pivot is centered in whatever area you tell it in the template file.  So by pushing the pivot forward or backwards, it changes where the building will sit in the game.

I did, I made the model on a 2x2 then extended it to 2x3, so perhaps I need to center the whole thing on the x and y axis before setting location etc. I wasn't sure if the game used the center of the 2x3 lot or a corner to place the model, I'll try that. Thanks!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>... thank you... in hindsight that was a pretty obvious one I should have tried haha. They are well aligned, now I just have to make them into work places not houses!

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584d91378c682_Wellaligned.jpg.bcb6610f686a4c27e76df7d9a5ea5d99.jpg" data-fileid="223">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/584d9137dec23_Wellaligned.thumb.jpg.858620c62f1b3fb4e2c55219bac8bfb6.jpg[/img]</a>

Great work!