walking under buildings

this maybe a bit of a noob question but here goes. after a while of game play (actual time seems to vary depending on the map & how i build) my people dont walk over my bridges anymore they walk thru & underneath, they also dont follow the footprint of the fishing dock & trading post anymore they seem to follow the landscape. is this a know bug? is there a way to prevent/cure it?

thanks in advance [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

saf

It isn't something that I've see before. What mods are you using?  Can you send pictures? 

i saw that but very very long time ago. it was always happening to a bridge that is too near of a trading post ... like directly the tile after, or 2.

to be totally honest esther i dont think my mods have anything to do with it, i actually think its caused by landscaping, i  tend to use the flatten terrain tool a lot which does seem to make it worse. i have ONCE found a way to cure it but i have no idea what i did exactly & its not something ive managed to replicate. 

once it starts then all my buildings seem to follow, fishing dock, trading post(s) bridge(s) etc.... if you look at the 1st pic then you can see the fisherman stood near the pillar above the bridge!!

its not something thats MASSIVELY important, its doesnt stop the buildings from working i just find it a little irritating & since i did manage to cure it a few days ago i wondered if anyone knew how i'd done it. 

saf

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_01/Untitled.png.3aec4d0dc6e31913008fc71a27000e13.png" data-fileid="3176">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_01/Untitled.thumb.png.f8145ff3ae9059f3d2d54450a3fbdd0d.png[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_01/Untitled2.png.cabd4f9609568ead5ae73cdb19a8cce2.png" data-fileid="3177">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_01/Untitled2.thumb.png.3cc73859952b382d877d27e923ca58f7.png[/img]</a>

Can you try using the clearing tool to cut everything in the 3 squares around the foot of the bridge on the forest side? There might be something growing there and messing up pathing.

I've seen people suddenly go homeless because one side of a bridge got blocked, but if anyone had started their pathing before whatever is blocking the way grew, they could probably walk under the water. Pathing is a bit wonky for some stuff like that. (Best example is how people walk under the water to bring building materials in the middle of a lake but then stay stuck on a dock once it's built.)

Quote:
5 hours ago, Vrayna said:

Can you try using the clearing tool to cut everything in the 3 squares around the foot of the bridge on the forest side? There might be something growing there and messing up pathing.

I've seen people suddenly go homeless because one side of a bridge got blocked, but if anyone had started their pathing before whatever is blocking the way grew, they could probably walk under the water. Pathing is a bit wonky for some stuff like that. (Best example is how people walk under the water to bring building materials in the middle of a lake but then stay stuck on a dock once it's built.)

nope didnt help [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

ive never had problems with them not using the bridges/buildings they just walk underneath instead of on them.

even tried flattening another square on either end of the bridge, making the bridge 2 sq smaller but they still walk under it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />

Well, I guess they evolved and grew gills. Maybe they ate too many frog legs? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

well, heres definitive proof that it is a "fixable" issue. however, dont ask me how i cured it because i have absolutely no idea [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_01/Untitled2.thumb.png.1c6cf032520fd9995841a426bd4b4ed8.png[/img]

my bet is the changes you made helped but didn't have an affect until you reloaded the game. the game didn't reset the pathways until the next day when it reloaded.

doubt it, i never saved any of what i did if it didnt work!!