Fatal acces violation

Quote:
2 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

I mean 135 mods

Well... to be honest - if I were you I'd meditate on this...

Sorry if my view on mods may not be the most "popular", but I have never built a town where I need every mod that's available... once I have a "theme" --usually set by the chosen terrain, forest type, weather and such-- I choose matching mods, but keep them to a minimum... you can alway add one or the other mod later in a game, in case you're really missing something. In a typical game with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> (not <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>) I load maybe 15 or 20 mods on top (of which a good number will be just plain overrides = not critical)... in a game w/out <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> maybe 30, 35... oh well, since DSSV and Kid maybe 40, 45  - but 135? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

* My "Master List" counts about ~250 mods available (excluding <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and The Kave) - though about half of them you can safely ignore (outdated, redundant, faulty, or just plain cheats, like more-of-this-and-more-of-that)... basically you seem to use them all (the other half).

Mind you, I'm not advocating one method or the other... I just share some of my thoughts and philosophies - everyone has their own style and methods, and that's fine... It just makes me sad when folks cannot enjoy their game because of some technical(?) problems...

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462cc1bb74a_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic170.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634bb29264_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic501.png[/img] A secret

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a>  I chuckled on your first sentence [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

The 135 mods is counting the 95 that is in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>

But in my Program Files/Shining Rock Software LLC/Banished/Windata folder there is only 41 items there right now. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
10 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634bb29264_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic501.png[/img] A secret

What secret???? 

I know not of which you speak of      [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />*confused face*

Quote:
10 minutes ago, rejectedegg said:

The 135 mods is counting the 95 that is in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>

It's still 135, just that 95 of them are all rolled into one... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9310-trasd/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9310" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9310-trasd/">@Trasd</a>

Quote:
1 hour ago, Trasd said:

Can you repeat your system specs on this thread so I don't have to jump around?

Also, I'm watching my 4 year old graddaughter while her mom is picking up my mom!  I will be entertaining until after the holidays....

sorry I missed this part      

Quote:
1 hour ago, Trasd said:

Can you repeat your system specs on this thread so I don't have to jump around?

Also, I'm watching my 4 year old graddaughter while her mom is picking up my mom!  I will be entertaining until after the holidays....

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit

System Manufacturer: ASUS

BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/13/14 17:52:11 Ver: 20.01  <-------- This is the oldest thing on my computer, but I know nothing about BIOS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8134MB RAM

Page File: 2937MB used, 8696MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 760

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Driver date:  8/25/2016

Driver version:  21.21.13.7270  (I know there is a newer one out, but this is the one that works the best with WoW: Legion)

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: HP w2338h Wide LCD Monitor

you arent suppose to have that many mods.booooo thats more than me. now where is the list to compare??lol  as to your problem,i am surprised it only happens in large maps.or is it that you havent played a smaller map as long? what all other programs are running that may interfere? i had an issue if i try to open my certain websites while running banished. if i minimize banished 1st it doesnt drop the banished. i take it you already upgraded the banished files??

Okay

But now tell me why in the world Kralyerg is making <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> for then?

I mean it has 95 mods packed into 1 mod.

Enlighten me please, because I am beyond confused at this point.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a>

Quote:
23 minutes ago, Paeng said:

It's still 135, just that 95 of them are all rolled into one... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

So I can only play with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and no extra mods

or 

Not use <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and use up to but don't exceed 40 -45 mods at one time?

Is that what you are saying?

Quote:
1 minute ago, rejectedegg said:

Not use <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and use up to but don't exceed 40 -45 mods at one time?

No, those are my favored numbers, and they are not set in stone... What I'm saying is - before starting a new town, I'm choosing the mods I most probably need to build it to my gusto... and then just load those. That can be none (vanilla), a few, or a ton... my actual numbers given mean nothing. It's your choice... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

To answer your previous question, why K built this mod - well, for one it is good that all the parts go through one hand, so the code is streamlined and many kinks can be ironed out. And in the end you need to load only one mod instead of puzzling together many different, independant mods... Which surely appeals to a large segment of players, specially those with powerful enough rigs. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f7a8c46d_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic570.png[/img]

On the other hand it forces players to load it all, every time - wether you need it or not. That's why I tried to explain some of my thoughts about mods, representing another segment of players - those who want to load only certain mods needed for their game, either because they don't want hugely extended (and partly unused) menu trees, or have somewhat small-breasted rigs or whatever drives a player.

In a nut shell, without getting too deep into tech-talk... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />