losing animals and people

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />I was quite well advanced into the game when I found I was having bannies starving to death so clicked on the starving and found some of them with 4 bison and 4 llama at the edge of the map. I had large enough fields(fenced) for them but they decided to fly the coup,  I wonder if it was after I split the herds.

Has anyone else had this problem and or can someone please Help??

Quote:

not like that with animals.did you have enough bridges? did you accidently send them to clear on the other side of a river and they got lost? have seen bannies go across and work then get stuck.without a bridge,they  won't find their way back. some nomad catchers do send the bannies from the map edge. and if you accept them, you need to make sure thery can walk to town

Yes stiles I checked those things it seems it was just too far, it was a large map and when I found the animals there were baskets with meat in that the poor bannies had come to collect but never made it home[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Thanks stiles, I think it's something I done wrong just as if the animals got out and done a runner because I had forgotten to do something but I will go back a few saves and have another go.

Are any of your pastures partly on a slope?  I've heard that can cause issues.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]Yes they were estherhb, They were cut into the side of a mountain and now that you mention it I did have something like this once before.

I built a pasture on the side of a hill and when it was finished there was a gap in the corner, it didn't look like it lined up with where the covered part is and

the animals got out and wandered about, some of them might have done a runner and I never noticed.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f79df03d_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic569.png[/img]Thanks very much estherhb I think you have cracked the case.

have heard of that but never had it happen i do try not to run over 3 tiles up a hill.after that the bannies dont work it.  was your pasture out on the map edge? that becomes no mans land and can add to the glitches. the bannies have minds of their own and are known to weird stuff. you never know what they might do next.

Hi stiles.

I made 2 16 by 14 pastures on the side of a hill, you know when you cut them into the hill they put the posts in and it flattens the pasture out, I have found as long as you have the shelter end of the pasture on the flat everything lines up good but if I have all of the pasture cut into the hill quite often there is a gap between the shelter and  what I think is the gate end fence hence the animals wandering off..

I know that I haven't explained that at all well and you will probably be as confused as I am but what I will try to do is get a screen capture of what happens and post picture of it but nothing will stop me enjoying this fantastic game.

Thanks stiles I hope I haven't given you a headache.

make sure the animal shelter is placed on the most beautiful plain part. not placed on mountain tiles.

not at all i can follow that. explanations like these hep us help others.

Thanks stiles and Ketchup.

What a marvelous game I'm 73 now I reckon they could be nailing the lid down before I master it[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />.

You people are doing are doing a fantastic job[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f79df03d_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic569.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img].