Are Domesticated Animals intended to vanish on building cancel?

New game started today using Banished 1.0.7 build 170910 and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> v1.76 from the Workshop, no other mods.

I've been letting my stock of Domesticated Animals climb via the Wild Shepherd, who seems to have topped out at about 12. I used a couple to build a chicken coop then had a milking barn in progress "holding" the rest of my stock when I noticed the Stable is supposed to produce them. I canceled the milking barn and all the Domesticated Animals vanished when the plot was removed. Am I now stuck building a trading dock and praying for someone to bring me some?

There is one other thing you could do. Before the stable was added to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, Kralyerg created a different stable you could build to produce Domesticated Animals. It doesn't require Domesticated Animals to build it. It requires Oats, Corn or Barley to produce Domesticated Animals. You can find his mod HERE.  Place it below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.