MegaMod not working in GOG v1.04

Thank you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10108-higuys23/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="10108" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10108-higuys23/">@higuys23</a>, I run a Macbook, but am using Banished via Steam in bootcamp (and parallels), and haven't had a problem, but again, it's on the Windows side.

I will let someone with tech 'knowhow' come back to you, but have you tried to run it through Steam for OS?  Do you have Steam? If so, you can associate the account (just double check, from a GoG purchase, I know I could with my Humble Bumble one).  

But all that info should help the tech lads & ladies [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Yes, I do have steam on OS. Confused as to how that would help me though, as either way Banished is natively only for windows. According to Shining Rock, the best way to run banished on OS is through the GOG version, as its much easier to install using the GOG installer. Anyways, how is the performance in Parallels? I have it, but just figured it wouldn't perform well enough to be enjoyable. Thanks anyway.

Mark

It all depends on your version I guess (Macbook), and it's specs.  I don't have a problem with Parallels or Bootcamp, and it's swift to use.

I did however come to a screeching stop when I had over 600 villagers and had to "pause" everytime I wanted to move around on the map", but I guess that is common, I have a new Windows machine to install it on, I just need to setup the machine first. hahe

Alright. I may give it a shot. I just bought Crossover actually, going to give it a whirl on that. I have a base model 2015 15inch retina MBP with an i7, 16gb of RAM and the IRIS Pro graphics. If I can't get it figured out natively, I'll either just play it without megamod, or try with parallels. Thanks!

Installed v1.06 on Crossover and enabled megamod. Been sitting on the black screen for about 10 minutes and hasn't crashed...........Yet. Maybe we're on to something hehe (pls)

Welp.

The Crossover version is still sitting at a black screen after almost 45 minutes, so I would assume it's fair to say it's not working..... Installed on my main PC just for the heck of it and I get a runtime fatal error when enabling megamod there as well. It must be something I'm doing wrong since I recreated a similar issue on Windows but I have no clue where I'm going wrong.

Arggghhhh.

Mark

Please keep us updated [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I would like to learn what the end result is, and if it's still not successful someone may need to do a walkthru with you to test what's happening. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I will follow this, but bow out here from further advice as I've reached the end of my testing ideas.  Let's see if one of the devs can help you further [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Yeah, it must just be something with the game not running natively. Decided to buy the game on Steam and subscribe to the mod on the workshop. Downloaded installed and the mod worked flawlessly on my windows machine. 

I then installed steam through Crossover on mac, downloaded the game, it ran perfectly. Went into the mods section it automatically downloaded Megamod perfectly, but upon enabling it and realoading the game, It sits at a never ending black screen. This time going on an hour and a half now. Clearly something else is causing it to hang up. Any help from the devs or anyone with knowledge on running the game in OS X is greatly appreciatied.

Mark