PLAYING CC with THE NORTH

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> Thanks for the extra info, I recall reading somewhere on WoB that he had a very specific concept that he wanted to keep so that the feel of the northern environment was not lost. It's just a shame he didn't make some of the buildings as a separate part of the overall mod so that greedy folk like me could use them with all the other mods!

KEVIN,the only 2 buildings that weren't made separate are the brickyard and the crayfish inn. am i forgetting some?  even with the 2 mods together we don't have the reindeer furs,thou the deer look like reindeer. overall TOM designed the north to be harder than <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or the vanilla game.and much of the coding is different.to make the 2 mods completely compatable would take a lot of re writing codes. as i found already iron ore in 1 is procesed iron in the other. i am sure there is more items and tags that are different.

so far only 1 building gives an error and boots you out of the game. and even then if you don't click directly on the brickmaker,it can be built and make bricks just not tiles. the bloomery doesnt proces iron ore.thou my toolbar has like 4 brewery icons, only 1 is set to make schnaps. the inn also uses crayfish<another item different from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>>.

there is now firewood scattered on the map that can be picked up. this was a concept of the north,to micro manage workers through the changing sesons.if i didn't mention it before,iron ore has changed from the black rocks to  reddish piles. is harder to locate on the map.i did notice many prices for the trader have changed. not going to list them all. some food will pay more than 1 and hidecoats now pay at 20.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> The claypit for the brickyard. However with what you've just said, it's not as bad as I thought, I thought it was a lot more than just the two buildings and the claypit.

I can live without them but I'd still really love to have the crayfish inn! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
12 minutes ago, stiles said:

many prices for the trader have changed

Indeed... I swallowed pretty hard when I saw the prices for the first time - specially veggies and fruit, which are considered a prime commodity in the North (with farming being very difficult)... No more casually buying a boatload of beans and pears, at 6 to 8 bucks per shot you think twice how much you need / can afford... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

those claypits are just holes in the ground that you can place anywhere. isn't much to look at. <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> has a claypit that works the same way. i usually place them near a small stream or the river.but no i never found alink to the inn by itself. i think due to you then needeing other parts. the crayfish and the brewery changes as well. i haven't built it yet to see how good it functions. i did run a debug test after the crash with the brickyard to see what else would crash me. the inn wAS buildable and didn't crash and i do have the crayfish placer.

I'm just being greedy, I probably have every major mod for Banished and most of them are active in every game I play but I like to have some variety. So while I do like and make use of the claypits from <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>, I liked the look of the pits from The North and wanted to have both! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

you can just put the north below all the others and remember to not click on the brick maker building. it does work. it's different but does play. so far by the way i have no "fish". salmon and trout but no "fish". so i wouldn't be able to process them.

jut a quick note. theris a problem with the crayfish. the fisherman will work a creak spot for about 10 crayfish each then stop.it did error out only once. not sure why as i was not able to force it to error out again. it's not a big deal since in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> crayfish is harvested by the sea food place. the banis were eating them fast enuough, so i am not sure they will stock the inn.

be advised i played this way for 35+ yrs. the last yr has been full of fatal errors . with constantly saving ,i could get the game to play forward and was not able to force the error so to diagbose why or what was causing them. in the end i bought bloom which is iron ore in the north mod.when the bloom is delivered to a storage pile then it fatal erros. do not buy bloom. however,that does not explain the errors throughout the last yr. i may try to go back 1 more  save point n continue this game.