Ostriv - A Town Building Game

Like the idea of the buildings not having to be set in a NSEW direction like Banished. Having moving parts like the windmills are cool as well. Looks good.

The Alpha 1 release is available for purchase at the Ostriv website:

https://ostrivgame.com/home/

Its $20 U.S. and includes a link for the download. More info about game/developer is on the website.

If you want to see gameplay look up Ostriv on YouTube.

Sadly Ostriv does not support Intel videocard [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Looked at it and I will say it looks to be heading the right way. I'm not up for jumping ship on Banished or it's developer yet, as it has been a great game and was a stepping stone to the next one coming. At $20 now I may purchase it to mess around with all the doo-dads and see what it can do when he gets it moving along. A little leary right now from ready comments on his post, as he is not consistent with working on it. Banished is still got a lot in it I haven't even tried and I've been in it for a few years. 

I've seen a couple of playthroughs on YouTube and it looks interesting but not a lot of content. I don't know if he's going to make a mod kit or how soon. I bought Forest Village when it first came out as an "early release". Mistake. I understand it has gotten better, but I still haven't tried playing it again.  Made me swear off of early releases. However, I'm weak. Not too long ago, I bought Depraved as an early release. Really love it; now waiting for a full release.  

Banished does have A LOT of great mods and more are made all the time. I think you'll enjoy playing it for a long time.

Quote:
On 11/11/2018 at 1:30 AM, estherhb said:

I've seen a couple of playthroughs on YouTube and it looks interesting but not a lot of content. I don't know if he's going to make a mod kit or how soon. I bought Forest Village when it first came out as an "early release". Mistake. I understand it has gotten better, but I still haven't tried playing it again.  Made me swear off of early releases. However, I'm weak. Not too long ago, I bought Depraved as an early release. Really love it; now waiting for a full release.  

Banished does have A LOT of great mods and more are made all the time. I think you'll enjoy playing it for a long time.

i bought too forest village...but i asked refund immediately :-D. I was lucky, now it sucks

He's getting close to releasing Alpha 2. You can follow on twitter, Ostriv tweets.