BlackLiquid Forums
Ambient sounds - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Ambient sounds (/showthread.php?tid=995)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ambient sounds - Ketchup - 01-12-2017

have you tried to put that in your BellEffect.rsc

AnimAudioEvent event

{

SoundEffect _soundEffect = "resource";

float _chance = 0.02;

}

and call the :event instead in your church.rsc  ?

<p style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">
AmbientEmitterDescription ambientemitter

{

bool _addOnCreate = false;

SoundEffect _soundEffects 

[ 

"Audio/Effects/FireEffect.rsc" 

"Audio/Effects/BellEffect.rsc:event

]

}

<p style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">

Ambient sounds - ShockPuppet - 01-12-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> that's right.

Instead of crowd effect I made belleffect.rsc 

As soon as it's ready to build, the sound plays. It's very annoying. <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> remember that never stopping church bell? Lol

try to add the :event and play with the numbers. maybe a 0.01 or 0.005 ... can make it right

if you can make it sounds like every 2-5mins ... would be great!

Quote:
5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

try to add the :event and play with the numbers. maybe a 0.01 or 0.005 ... can make it right

if you can make it sounds like every 2-5mins ... would be great!

Trust me it really isn't great. The sounds get so annoying and there's no way to play sound every few minutes without adding a lot of empty silence to the wav

This makes huge wav files and make the mod really really extra big

it is possible to send me your files ? so i can try to play with it ? maybe like just your wave, i can do the rsc files...

Ambient sounds - The Pilgrim - 01-12-2017

What about a command similar to how we get "random" items out of the precious mine. Maybe on the line of code have sound.rsc, silence.rsc, silence, silence, sound, silence,. It would give us a more irrythmic pattern and would make us only have to reference one silent file. 

i would do one for testing but it always says : failed to load and convert wave file [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

and there is no tuto about that

(this is why i asked yours ^^)

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> when I'm home later I'll send a wav. The file that converts them from the modkit needs to be copied into your mods folder next to package.rsc

Quote:
2 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> when I'm home later I'll send a wav. The file that converts them from the modkit needs to be copied into your mods folder next to package.rsc

yeah thats what <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> told me in PM [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> got it converted.

the only thing ... i never succeeded to get it spam lol. best attempts i got once ringing and then after no more sounds at all.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> you're lucky, the loop is the most annoying thing.

Actually I'll try to remember how I looped it, some function I took from livestock maybe or something else