BlackLiquid Forums
House Of The Rising Sun - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Inn & Garden (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: House Of The Rising Sun (/showthread.php?tid=830)

Pages: 1 2

House Of The Rising Sun - DavidT - 02-16-2017

Any thought on having a house of ill-repute? Could be placed near mines and whatnot in order to mitigate some of the unhappiness they produce.

House Of The Rising Sun - Kralyerg - 02-16-2017

It's been thought of, but what would it actually do? Just a decorative building that gives happiness?

House Of The Rising Sun - DavidT - 02-16-2017

Sure... possibility of a disease spreading in exchange for a large radius happiness buff.

"So and so died of 'Nasty Woman's Disease'"

House Of The Rising Sun - QueryEverything - 02-16-2017

I had a few ideas about this, it could be a fun, PG addition, without having the red light lit, so to speak.  But I think it was just derailed ...

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> what about a Card House, or ravamping a tavern for a "Pub", with beer garden etc.  Even a Gaming Hall etc.  

Might a suggest an edit to that post, at your discretion.

Quote:
9 minutes ago, DavidT said:

Sure... possibility of a disease spreading in exchange for a large radius happiness buff.

Ugh ...  I have a good sense of humour, but, um, no.

House Of The Rising Sun - KevinTheCynic - 02-17-2017

We also suggested a playhouse as an alternative "happiness" building with the idea that the place provided entertainment like stage plays, puppet shows and the like.

House Of The Rising Sun - elemental - 02-17-2017

It could be something as simple as a puppet show in the village square. Happiness isn't really a problem (easy to provide) but more variety in buildings is always a good thing.

I'm not against a brothel (and mods are optional, so those who don't like it don't have to use it) but as Kral said, how would it work?

House Of The Rising Sun - QueryEverything - 02-17-2017

Quote:
11 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

We also suggested a playhouse as an alternative "happiness" building with the idea that the place provided entertainment like stage plays, puppet shows and the like.

Quote:
12 minutes ago, elemental said:

It could be something as simple as a puppet show in the village square. Happiness isn't really a problem (easy to provide) but more variety in buildings is always a good thing.

I'm not against a brothel (and mods are optional, so those who don't like it don't have to use it) but as Kral said, how would it work?

I really like this!!  Great ideas <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2413" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/">@elemental</a>

Could have a Jack n Jill show, or more risque: Moulin Rogue (typo specific, (TM)(c)(RT) etc reasons); Puppetry of the Penis; Vagina Monologues; Burlesque; but our very own Phantom; Beauty & the Beast; Shakespearean displays, oh, the costumes ....  the splendor, I love it! 

And <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2413" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/">@elemental</a> you're 100% right that mods are able to be downloaded by anyone, and you may have seen I'm an advocate for 'optional content', and for modders to feel their own art, but I just want to clear up any vagueness (I'd hoped to be discreet, but make a point), it wasn't so much the mod I had a huge objection to, it was the other comment.  

Quote:
16 hours ago, DavidT said:

As to how it works, well, for those that run <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>/<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> there is already a "Bar Wench" ingame, add another building and use the same staff [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Have it as a drinking hole primarily with some fun inoffensive name for the staff.

Don't worry, I realise exactly what you were objecting to. I had the same reaction.

House Of The Rising Sun - estherhb - 02-17-2017

I don't see that there's an answer here to Kralyerg's questions of "what would it actually do? Just a decorative building that gives happiness?"  You can let your imagination run wild creating these kinds of things now.  Just take a pub/tavern (for the happiness) and create an outdoor performance area. Build a Journeyman House or an Old Boarding House and pretend it's a house of ill-repute.  Stick a well in front and it provides "happiness". Don't forget that "sex workers" assigned by the game can be as young as 10 or in their 70s and beyone, female or male. Honestly, I just don't see how a building implying a crime against women, men and children is "fun" or should provide "happiness".  

I wouldn't say that sex work is necessarily a crime (plus... it happened, and it still happens) but by pointing out the ages you just made it super creepy. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

A seedy tavern with a questionable name could be fun, but now I think I'll pass on the brothel.