BlackLiquid Forums
"Increase priority" thing - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions, Help & Support (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: "Increase priority" thing (/showthread.php?tid=568)

Pages: 1 2

"Increase priority" thing - Althenais - 05-27-2017

Hi everyone,

My question is just to know something about the game : is "increase priority" thing really work ?

I often use this game option but it always seems to didn't affect the game.

Is it really work or is it just an inefficient option ?

Thanks for answers [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

"Increase priority" thing - Paeng - 05-27-2017

Quote:
1 hour ago, Althenais said:

is "increase priority" thing really work ?

Yes, it really does work... though often it may feel as if it doesn't  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

All jobs you "order" are put into kind of a queue and are worked off in some sort of sequence, with their own order of priorities - which are not easy to understand, even for the boss/mayor/god, whatever you think you are in the Banished universe... when you hit "priority", that job is usually elevated in the queue, but how fast it is done depends on how far (or near) a worker is, how many workers (builders, laborers or vendors) and needed materials or goods are available, and probably some other factors as well...

Consider that 3 builders may work on one building, now you change priority to another building far away across the map, they need to walk there (with all their usual breaks), gather new materials (even more breaks) and so on... so it can take a while.  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Ok ! It's not really obvious when play the game [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

But, if you say it work, I totally believe you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

So, the best way to really have a kind of result with that "increase priority" thing is to increase the priority of just one thing by one, I think. Right ?

(Sorry if my english is bad, I'm not english so, somites, I'm not really sure about the place of words in sentences xD)

Another question, sorry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />

Can save the party and quit the game erase "increase priority" list ?

'Cause actually, my people doesn't (don't ?) build anything anymore, with or without the IP thing.

"Increase priority" thing - estherhb - 05-27-2017

When you increase priority, you can see the number of builders assigned to that building increase. If you press the key several times, you will add additionalbuilders - taking them away from some other project.  Keep in mind that if you "priortize" another building, it is given builders which may be taken away from the building you just prioritized.  When you turn the game off, it doesn't affect which workers are assigned to a project.

If nothing is getting built, make sure you don't have too many projects opened. Pause all but the few you have materials and builders for.  Make sure projects are reasonably close to where workers live and where materials are destroyed.  Try just building one thing. Make sure you don't have shortages of materials (such as Building Supplies), or a shortage of tools or food.  Make sure you haven't got a lot of roads to be built - builders like to do those 1st.

Hope this helps.

Mh. Ok, thank you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'll see all of that [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

"Increase priority" thing - stiles - 05-27-2017

if nothing is being built,i would check to be sure the building they are working on has materials to be built.click on the builder and click the tool icon. he will tell you where he wants to work.sometimes it may be that he needs reeds or something to be delivered to that spot. say you plant a decorative apple tree but have no apples,the banie can't build it. if you happened to set a lot of these out,the builder gets stuck. it is like he decides to do nothing or get confused.

you can assign more builders by clicking on the construction site and adding to the allowable workers there.this can help when you have several projects at once. you can choose to leave 1 to finish here and the rest to go on to the next. laborers supply the builders. if they are busy clearing a huge area then building will be slow also.

"Increase priority" thing - Kerlyssa - 06-05-2017

yes, roads are horrible. they will do those first, and they're hard to cancel. i've had my entire community starve before because they wouldn't stop working on roads

"Increase priority" thing - estherhb - 06-05-2017

Make sure you never draw in so many roads at one time that your Builders can't handle it all.  However, if all of your Builders are working on roads, and you prioritize 1 or 2 buildings to be built, the Builders will be reassigned to work on the Buildings. No reason for your community to starve.

"Increase priority" thing - Kerlyssa - 06-07-2017

doesn't always work. think it had to do w how far i was building my initial buildings from the start area, the roads just had too high of a proximity preference maybe.