BlackLiquid Forums
Banished Beta version 3 - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Inn & Garden (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Banished Beta version 3 (/showthread.php?tid=545)

Pages: 1 2

Banished Beta version 3 - estherhb - 06-12-2017

I see that Luke has released Banished Beta version 3. You can read all about it HERE.  

This version fixes a few bugs and seems to do two things: 1) allow modders to require more than 3 resources for construction of buildings and 2) updates the Debug menu, adding the new flags.  

I can hardly wait for the non-beta to be released so mods can be uploaded onto the Steam Workshop again. For those of us on Steam, I think it's a bit easier to subscribe to mods than to download them.

<p style="color:#dbdbdb;">

Banished Beta version 3 - QueryEverything - 06-12-2017

I have it, I'm loading it ... waiting, waiting, waiting ... hahaha [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Banished Beta version 3 - Ketchup - 06-12-2017

the way he said, shouldnt be long. we need to do a couple of mods with extended building list to see if people will get errors or not.

Banished Beta version 3 - QueryEverything - 06-12-2017

Ok, first feedback:

1)  Loaded into a very heavily modded, and busy map (I got a little debug crazy prior to the new debug, so you can only imagine what will happen to the poor map now!! haha), it's a very slow map, very heavily terraformed (and if I nearly write very heavily pregnant one more time ....) and it's got a lot of buildings on it - I was really testing the extremes on this map - AND - the upshot of it:  The beta ran without any hint of a problem!  Loaded it, not a thing wrong

2)  The Debug menu does work as advertised, I have far too many resources to get an accurate result for you - fear not - a blank map will be forthcoming sometime later today, if noone else has crash tested it

3)  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> had also asked about adding better zoom (talked about here), unfortunately closeups was not what I was testing in this last map this last week, so I don't have screenshots to compare with - SO - for those that haven't updated yet - PLEASE - PLEASE - take some screenshots, (save your camera location when doing so as well for ease of access), then update, then go back to that camera location, zoom in and screenshot again and see if there is any difference

Okes [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  That's all from me on this [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/593f5ca114d50_20170613Banished107-170608debug.jpg.41681c3e7ae9884dbc72e3ad271dca91.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/593f5cb93c524_20170613Screenshot14.thumb.jpg.4fb1f7214c28e1430a21e66737151357.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/593f5cc8ac585_20170613Screenshot12.thumb.jpg.d2beb92060cd8eb650f573cfc3dcdb8a.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/593f5ccc33dee_20170613Screenshot1lush.thumb.jpg.f9e7e417ad04ffad3f4f79a115256625.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/593f5cd11ddd6_20170613Screenshot7.thumb.jpg.e0e99b2da05da25fb258c4e70dd2f221.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/593f5cd50e230_20170613Screenshot8.thumb.jpg.a8b4ecfa94c5489e166f870939f811fe.jpg[/img]

Banished Beta version 3 - codemonkey21 - 06-15-2017

Pretty cool about the more than 3 resources for building. Just curious if the BL team is thinking about a 1.8 Colonial Charter with all the recent modkit changes? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Banished Beta version 3 - elemental - 06-15-2017

The extra building resource option is a great addition. I do hope <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is updated to take advantage of this. Feel a bit sorry for the team though... so much work to change everything.

Banished Beta version 3 - estherhb - 06-15-2017

I'm not so sure this is a "great addition" if you are using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.  I remember how it was before there were Building Supplies and Homewares.  There were lots of buildings that required something different.  When you went to build something, you never knew what special item you were going to have to go out and buy or produce before you could proceed. It could be frustrating.  By using Building Supplies, you were able to choose one recipe and stick with it and it took some of the frustration out of the process. 

I understand why those who are making mods that don't utilize Building Supplies would want this - especially as they create new products like Thatch. I'm just not sure <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> should go back and change it's current requirements for construction.  Will have to wait to hear from the BL guys.

Banished Beta version 3 - elemental - 06-15-2017

Building supplies and homewares were a good workaround for the original limit of only 3 building materials. I know that some people hated it but I thought it was good. But now that the limit is gone (or soon to be gone) I do think that building supplies should just be replaced with actual building materials. But of course some people won't like that either, because of the reasons you mentioned. But I would definitely like to see glass used in the more advanced houses. They have windows, so they should need glass. Same with a big church - should need lots of glass.

Homewares on the other hand... I'd be happy to keep homewares as a generic building material. It's good that they are there because it adds realism, but it doesn't really matter if the homewares mystery box contains rugs or pots or furniture or whatever. At least that's my take on it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

It's interesting though that Luke has made this change after so long. Will he change anything else?

Banished Beta version 3 - estherhb - 06-15-2017

Luke made the change at the request of Red Ketchup. It was something that several modders had discussed at WorldofBanished.com.  

Banished Beta version 3 - Kerlyssa - 06-17-2017

About the only building material I kinda miss not being there is glass. So yeah, I could see maybe some of the bigger buildings needing more stuff (thinking of cathedrals) but keeping basic houses and whatnot to simpler recipes