BlackLiquid Forums
Banished MegaMod won't work - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions, Help & Support (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Banished MegaMod won't work (/showthread.php?tid=520)

Pages: 1 2

Banished MegaMod won't work - PentatonicPiet - 07-03-2017

Hello,

I have a little problem installing the MegaMod.

I've downloaded the MegaMod from blackliquid, and put the .pkm file in the Windata folder, and enabled it in the mod section of the game. But now i get the vanilla version? i looked up for help on this matter, but none of the help online makes it work. Filename is correct, destination is correct. I read online that it takes a while to load this big mod when you enable it, but that also doesn't happen. Somebody?

my gratitude will be great

Banished MegaMod won't work - QueryEverything - 07-04-2017

Hi there [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Welcome to the forums. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

A couple of things:  

About Mega Mod, when you load a map, the menu etc will look a lot like the Vanilla Banished, the sub-menus are where the magic is really at. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

You will see sub-menus where things like:  

Storage & Markets, Stockpiles, etc - are in their own little menus - they will have green borders, other creators will have red, orange etc

In the food sub-menu - raw producers (gatherers, hunters etc); secondary producers; butchers etc

In the Town Services - again sub-menus etc

If you don't see the green (& other colour) framed sub-menus, then a little helpdesk question time may help you out. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/595b4904cdb2f_Screenshot5-201706181946-MMmenu.jpg.6707e3e88e1b5fae19dd70b65de063d9.jpg" data-fileid="2651">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/595b4904dff54_Screenshot5-201706181946-MMmenu.thumb.jpg.cae58bc295e92ecdeb98999e640e0f09.jpg[/img]</a>

Still having problems?

- Are you running Banished 1.0.7?

- Are you running it in Steam, or from another downloaded site?

• Do you have the full <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> download - sometimes the files can be cut off when being downloaded.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/595b4388c3706_blmmsizepkmrar.jpg.18ccfab1217a5ebddb4547e3e3c033e7.jpg[/img]

• This is what should be in your Banished\WinData Folder:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/595b4389c975f_blmmsizepkm.jpg.7bac694c2f39af7c3728cf91460ef418.jpg[/img]

• If you are running Banished 1.0.7 then you will need the Compatibility mod as well, and you will need to load it in the following order:

• 1.0.7 Compatibility For MegaMod 0.07 v2

• - MegaMod 0.07 (
    <abbr style="color:#666666;" title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>)

• - MegaMod DecoPack 0.07 - if you are using it

-----

When you've made sure you have all the files correct, load Banished.

1. Load Banished

2. Enable both <abbr style="color:#aaaaaa;" title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> & <abbr style="color:#aaaaaa;" title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> Deco mods

3. Press Ok

4. Wait for the game to go to the main menu

5. Exit the game completely (this is very important, it stops game crashes later)

6. Load Banished

7. Check the mods

Once you've done that, then start a new map, you should then see the sub-menu and new buildings available.

If there are still having problems, please let us know - and what steps you took, and what the problem is?

If you have a screenshot, that's important too! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Banished MegaMod won't work - QueryEverything - 07-05-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18114-pentatonicpiet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="18114" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18114-pentatonicpiet/">@PentatonicPiet</a> how are things?  Have you managed to get <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> to work?  Are you still having problems?

Banished MegaMod won't work - whitetiger2585 - 07-13-2017

I'm trying to follow the directions presented here but I keep running into a black screen when trying to load <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> Deco Mods.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here since I've been following your directions

Banished MegaMod won't work - catty-cb - 07-15-2017

Quote:
On 14/07/2017 at 7:14 AM, whitetiger2585 said:

...but I keep running into a black screen when trying to load <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> Deco Mods....

That probably means its still loading ... in my case i was able to go make a hot drink while I waited for it to go pass the black screen ... I'd give it about 10 minutes and see what happens remember you are trying to load over 2gb of data into a game its going to take time

Banished MegaMod won't work - Ketchup - 07-15-2017

same case can take 15mins man

Banished MegaMod won't work - Banished&Used - 07-16-2017

The black screen load time heavily depends on free RAM.

Done some testing, monitoring load time & RAM usage.

With just <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>&<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, Banished starts fairly quickly and my 8GB RAM usage is about 90%.

Adding some more mods, Maritimes Set, Blacksmith Tools, etc, RAM usage is near 100% and takes almost 3 times as long to load.

Banished MegaMod won't work - stiles - 07-16-2017

try turing off other programs that are running but you aren't using when playing.

Banished MegaMod won't work - elemental - 07-17-2017

Have you tried the minimise trick? When you get the black loading screen press the Windows key to minimise Banished. Keep it minimised until you hear the game music. This trick can dramatically reduce load times. I don't use megamod but I do use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and a bunch of other mods and my game loads in about 1 minute. If I don't minimise it takes about 6 minutes.

Banished MegaMod won't work - asiesto - 02-15-2018

Hi people! i am new in this chat and in this game.

I just downloaded it (not from steam), the version 1.04 banished, and now i am hearing about this great <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, i looked for it and i found it, but i have the same problem that the first writer of this topic.

I tried to follow all the steps purposed but it doesn´t work, when i get into a new game vanilla is there yet. anyone could help me please?

I really apreciate it, and of course, Congratulations for this mod and for this comunnity!!

See you!!

Pic. 1 - My WinData files (i know that the seems like .rar but it is only because of i tried to unrar them at the begining, but it is only a visual issue, am i right?

Pic. 2 - The mods are loaded, and i restart the game and follow the steps, with a little bit heavy loading time but...nothing happened!!

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_02/bans.thumb.png.6b9be9916b413291cf4f5aff68b4f99e.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_02/mod.thumb.png.4bbb18e23f7bef3caabd7a80ec432def.png[/img]