BlackLiquid Forums
question about Cannabis Seeds - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions, Help & Support (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: question about Cannabis Seeds (/showthread.php?tid=441)

question about Cannabis Seeds - Sabouma - 10-22-2017

Quick note: This is a question about a mod in a game. Anyone replying in this thread to add a commercial link will be getting a kick. Go advertise elsewhere, this is not the place for it.

So, apparently Cannabis Seeds translate to Hemp Plants, which produce Hemp. But somehow this "hemp" cannot be used for the Bundling Shed and Ropery? If this is the case, what can it be used for? I am a little confused [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

question about Cannabis Seeds - Kralyerg - 10-22-2017

That's true. There's a slight discrepancy between the Hemp that comes from the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Hemp Seeds and the Hemp that comes from the DS Small Village Cannabis Seeds.  Even though they have the same name, they're not actually the same resource.  If you were to grow both of these, then you would end up with two different resources in your barns, both labeled Hemp.

The Hemp Seeds Hemp can be used in the Bundling Shed, but I don't know off the top of my head what the Cannabis Seed Hemp is for.  I can check the code later when I have it front of me.

question about Cannabis Seeds - AzemOcram - 10-22-2017

I think it would be cool if there was an industrial hemp and a medicinal one in the game.

question about Cannabis Seeds - Wuik - 10-31-2017

Normally it must be used in a curing barn  like i saw in the WIKI ...but it don't appears ?

May be i am stupid but there something i don't understood If i get Megamod 0.07  I have <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> which is included into  and don't have to load <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> with or not?

because on the WIKI the screen show well ...

OOPs!  in fact there is a bug i just  saw the comments on : Downloads / Kralyergs Kave of Krazy Kontraption / Legalized Marijuana

RE: question about Cannabis Seeds - Sabouma - 09-10-2020

Uhm.... you do realize this is not about real life, right?

RE: question about Cannabis Seeds - Vrayna - 10-05-2020

There's Hemp in Colonial Charter, to make textiles, and there's another mod to grow canabis which gets classified as a "luxury" to change the happiness in your town, but...
There's nothing illegal in having those words written in a game as far as I'm aware (unless even mentioning the activity is forbidden in different countries).

No one is going to try and smoke their screen, and if they do I'd worry about their mental health more than about the legality of having an option in a game to pretend your pixels are smoking weed.

RE: question about Cannabis Seeds - Vrayna - 10-08-2020

Once again: Do or use what you want/need in real life, but here we're talking about pixels in a game... And no link to commercial sites please.

RE: question about Cannabis Seeds - Vrayna - 10-15-2020

Real-Life stuff:
Well, from what I remember from a very short Q&A during a botanical excursion*, the Hemp used by the textile industry is a kind that grows taller but has a THC content too low for other uses, and higher levels of CBD which inhibits the "oohh I'm high" feeling of cannabis. The seeds of that kind of hemp are even edible but there are usually some pretty strict laws regulating the THC% allowed in them. It's basically limited to textiles and niche market in the food industry.

The ones grown for recreational or medical use can also belong to several varieties, but in each case basically the whole plant can get used in some form to produce drugs. Flowers, leaves, stalk, seeds, they can all get transformed by a bunch of different processing, from drying and crushing to pressing or even chemical extraction. There's basically nothing left over, only residues that have no commercial interest.

*Hemp is also used as a decorative plant. It's sometimes used on roundabouts in the area (which is where we spotted it and started asking questions), and it's not rare to read in the newspaper that people harvested that hemp thinking they were stealing cannabis...

In the mod:
We have Hemp grown in fields to be used by the textile industry, and Kralyerg's mod adds the trading of the drug, but from what I remember it's independent from the textile industry, so it reflects the real life situation pretty well.

RE: question about Cannabis Seeds - KylieMcDonald - 04-02-2021

What kind of game is this? This is the first time I haven't heard of it. I was interested in this, and I would like to try it. I'm attracted to everything related to marijuana.

Edit by Vrayna: Nice try coloring that link in black to make it invisible. And this game is not about weed. Go advertise elsewhere.

RE: question about Cannabis Seeds - Vrayna - 04-03-2021

Hey "Kylie", this is a forum about a game, we're talking about pixels, not about any real-life herbs.

I am ready to bet the above post will be edited to include a commercial link in the next few days, and if that happens it'll mean a direct ban and yet another deleted post in this great bot-catching thread...

(I like being wrong now and then! This is a good surprise so far!)

Turns out I was right.