BlackLiquid Forums
Colonial Charter: Mars - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Colonial Charter: Mars (/showthread.php?tid=432)

Pages: 1 2

Colonial Charter: Mars - Horser01 - 11-12-2017

A space themed DLC. To make an off world colony. Air as a required resource (Like food). Themed buildings. Etc.

Colonial Charter: Mars - Ketchup - 11-12-2017

hehe. first time i am seeing that one [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

very original ^^

Colonial Charter: Mars - estherhb - 11-12-2017

Actually, I do remember a discussion along these lines.  All that's needed is a modder (or 2 or 3) willing to give up all of his free time for the foreseeable future [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

Colonial Charter: Mars - Ketchup - 11-13-2017

you can put red dirt texture to the ground.... but no way to make the mountains look like if they would be from mars, the shape of those i mean ....

Colonial Charter: Mars - estherhb - 11-13-2017

Many of the drawings I see look like the red desert terrain and have rather smooth hills.  Add red rocks. Maybe design some decorative spires and odd-looking large stones, some in oranges or even purples that people can add.  Need different looking trees/plants. (Although re-coloring some of the current trees might do the trick).  I don't think you can recolor the sky and water can you? Unfortunately, you can't modify the look of merchant boats to look like shuttle craft!  But it's an interesting idea. 

Colonial Charter: Mars - Serene Wolfsbane - 12-28-2017

Quote:
On 11/13/2017 at 0:29 PM, estherhb said:

Many of the drawings I see look like the red desert terrain and have rather smooth hills.  Add red rocks. Maybe design some decorative spires and odd-looking large stones, some in oranges or even purples that people can add.  Need different looking trees/plants. (Although re-coloring some of the current trees might do the trick).  I don't think you can recolor the sky and water can you? Unfortunately, you can't modify the look of merchant boats to look like shuttle craft!  But it's an interesting idea. 

You can't change the look of the merchant boats at all? That's super lame. I had so many hopes for those boys changing in future expansions. 

Colonial Charter: Mars - estherhb - 12-28-2017

Yeah - can't change the merchant boats. They all tried and it causes crashes or something.  To really change the game to make it look like "Banished - Colonizing the Red Planet", someone would have to design 50+ new buildings. It isn't that bad to make those that are just replacing the model - for example create a "Dorm" to replace the "Boarding House" or a "Command Center" to replace the "Town Hall". But it gets more complicated if you want to have Oxygen and Water become required items. Or create Solar Panels or Wind Turbines to produce fuel. Even with a lot of work (and jury-rigging), it will mainly be cosmetic changes since you really can't change the AI. 

If you really want to colonize outer space, you might be better off playing PlanetBase, or wait for Surviving Mars, coming out sometime in 2018 - trailer here: https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=new+martian+game+2018#id=1&vid=1f76cf4e4ab278450c44388f2211d336&action=click

Colonial Charter: Mars - Serene Wolfsbane - 12-28-2017

Quote:
2 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Yeah - can't change the merchant boats. They all tried and it causes crashes or something.  To really change the game to make it look like "Banished - Colonizing the Red Planet", someone would have to design 50+ new buildings. It isn't that bad to make those that are just replacing the model - for example create a "Dorm" to replace the "Boarding House" or a "Command Center" to replace the "Town Hall". But it gets more complicated if you want to have Oxygen and Water become required items. Or create Solar Panels or Wind Turbines to produce fuel. Even with a lot of work (and jury-rigging), it will mainly be cosmetic changes since you really can't change the AI. 

If you really want to colonize outer space, you might be better off playing PlanetBase, or wait for Surviving Mars, coming out sometime in 2018 - trailer here: https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=new+martian+game+2018#id=1&vid=1f76cf4e4ab278450c44388f2211d336&action=click

Oh awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Since we're on the topic of suggestions for games, the one thing I truly feel is missing from Banished is being able to utilize animals for labor, like horse drawn plows and ox drawn wagons and mounted this and thats. I'm a little animal obsessed. I've played Stronghold, which at least had the horse drawn tree cutters, but that's about it. I have been thinking of venturing away from Banished to look for something similar but with more beast drawn wagons since I'm starting to feel that's just not a thing that can happen in this game. 

Got any ideas? Or is it possible to offer a ray of hope that something like that could happen in Banished? (I can't imagine how, but then again I don't know the first thing about how to build a mod.)

Colonial Charter: Mars - estherhb - 12-28-2017

Unfortunately animations are really limited in Banished and there isn't a way to create new ones. Also, it is really difficult to create new animals.  (I've been told that creating the added livestock made ShockPuppet cry.)  So, I don't think you'll see horse or ox drawn wagons anytime soon. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634ba7d688_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic500.png[/img]

Colonial Charter: Mars - Vrayna - 12-29-2017

There's also Aven Colony for the Space Colony games: http://store.steampowered.com/app/484900/Aven_Colony/ . I honestly tend to get bored in PlanetBase. Aven Colony seems more fleshed out.