BlackLiquid Forums
Inventory & Item Limit Management - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Inventory & Item Limit Management (/showthread.php?tid=36)

Inventory & Item Limit Management - Mazloqc - 04-19-2019

First off, the variety of commodities is a wonderful thing, truly.  Much more interesting towns, layouts, everything is just great.  The only problem is, once you start getting into mid game where a settlement has about 100 people, the variety of inventory begins to become very difficult to maintain the limits on.  What I mean by that is this.  

I have a coal mine, a copper mine, and a gem mine going, (which are all required to begin upgrading housing and constructing more advanced government buildings) I cannot specify the amount of coal I wish to have on hand separate from the amount off copper or "gems" (silver) I wish to have.  I can only say, for example, I want 500 minerals in all and once that number is reached, all production between those three (or more) stops.  An attempt to solve this could be made by producing all three materials equally, but coal is used much faster and more frequently, and attempting to equalize supply and demand is futile. 

SO my suggestion/ request is:

Could it please be arranged so that the limits of each material/commodity can be set individually?  Instead of grouping them.

That way I could say I want X amount of Coal, and X amount of Copper instead of halting production manually on what I don't want so I can advance.  

Side note, this problem also occurs with multiple other materials like, Building Supplies, Bricks, Hardwood Lumber, Regular Lumber, as they all share the "Construction Limit"

Inventory & Item Limit Management - Ketchup - 04-20-2019

we cannot. we cannot set a limit for each item. all work in group flags and we dont have choices.

Inventory & Item Limit Management - stiles - 04-20-2019

there is no good or simple solution. you can trade excess coal,use it to process tools,etc, or store excess in a wharehouse manually. the other option would be to revert the gold and silver back to the old flags. this would take it out of the mineral limit flag but add them to the textiles.it won't stop the coal. you can also burn coal as fuel to heat the houses. decreasing the firewood limit should help push them to use the coal.you can make more furnace fuel to use the coal as well. you could add a muklti min mod that will produce stone and iron and coal at the same time.

your best bet is probably to increase the limits and process the extra items.also send the items to the building construction locations. there it is not counted in the inventory.you can pause the buildings after the materials are there to slow construction.

Inventory & Item Limit Management - Mazloqc - 04-21-2019

Hmmmm okay, didn't think the mod would have limits like that placed on it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />  Yea I have been laying out my towns and pausing construction as a way of city planning. Thanks for the suggestions! I will try forcing out coal more to see if that helps.

Ok last ditch idea from me and thats it.  I know there are multiple specialized storage options in the mod, is creating a specific storage for each material/commodity an option? or specifying what can/cannot go in a general storage?  That way then there would at least be a work around, "oh cant make anymore cause storage is full", type idea.

I'm guessing though the flag limit would affect that too.. could make a "storage mod" just for that purpose, a "to be used in conjunction with colonial charter" mod..  Sry not trying to tell you what to do, the game is far better with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> so I'll count my blessings [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Inventory & Item Limit Management - estherhb - 04-22-2019

You can only designate which Flags can be stored, not individual items.

Inventory & Item Limit Management - Mazloqc - 04-22-2019

Well damn.  Okay, hey thanks for getting back to me guys and thanks to all who are involved in making this game better [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Inventory & Item Limit Management - stiles - 04-22-2019

there are wharehouses that you can specify the items. however you have to move items in and out manually. you set the amount to store and that goes in,then you decrease it to send the items back to other areas. you can check world of banished for these.