BlackLiquid Forums
Dock Burial at Sea Detail - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Dock Burial at Sea Detail (/showthread.php?tid=326)

Pages: 1 2

Dock Burial at Sea Detail - Paegin - 03-18-2018

For a true Dock Life experience, we could add a Burial at Sea option to replace a land cemetery. It would be a building, when a person dies, it immediately registers in the building as a single death (like the the cemetery) but no tombstone needed. It is understood that the dead person has been buried 'at Sea', so to speak. It will give the same comfort as a land cemetery. The list can auto update like the cemeteries, so that names stay on for maybe 5 years or so, then leave and give room for more to be added. You could have a small building for say, up to 20 names, a med building for more and a large, and so on. You could have maybe a small park-like setting in front, maybe some benches and a small stature or fountain, that can be used for idling, if you want them to idle there.

And it could be made standalone, and or added to the CCDocks mod for those like me who find <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> a bit too much for my old grandpa laptop, lol. Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Oh, and my daughter suggested if possible, that when a person dies, they also launch a canoe on fire and send it upstream, for a Viking type funeral. That is IF the animation is possible. It could be a choose option as well, to have that or not.

Dock Burial at Sea Detail - Ketchup - 03-18-2018

haha , the fire boat would have been good ^^ 

but noway anything like this could have beeen done [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Dock Burial at Sea Detail - estherhb - 03-18-2018

This is really the best recommendation I've read in a long time. Love the canoe on fire!  Too bad it can't be done.

The canoe on fire can't be done? Or the Burial Dock?

canoe on fire... a canoe on fire as a decoration can be done, i made some realistic bonfire with real fire...

but you cannot associate this to a citizen death. and also the canoe wont be able to move.... only a pure decoration item.

the game doesnt allow us to change the mechanics of the game. only adding buildings/resources (even if the buildings is only a decoration)

Ok, but the canoe on fire was my daughter's suggestion. Let's forget that idea now.

It wasn't my original idea of a dock burial building. How about that?

the cemetary cannot be changed much cause the hidden mechanics secretly linked to it . you can change the look of the tombstones, you can change the look of the fences all around but you cannot add another ground, i mean a floor. you can change the texture on the ground, but you cannot add the floor itself, so the tombs would stand floating on the water. and you need to keep the way it is done, you cannot decide it is a crypt like, or a dock, or a building. you click and drag and it put fences all around and the game makes appear tombstone randomly inside.

i know when we are not a banished modder it can be difficult to know what we can do... what is a building/resources... and what is a game mechanic.

i hope the explanations of each part help you to understand what can be done.

Ok, then, was just an idea. Hope my other idea, the Dock Veggie Patch, gets better response.

be patient, give it some time [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

here there is nobody making models, only Kralyerg here is making mods... but he cannot 3d draw, he thinks he is very very bad. the only ones who are 3d drawing are on WoB. sometimes some modders are stuck in big projects like myself, some others they can take breaks from time to time and they can also have their own ideas [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> throtling in their brain...

Dock Burial at Sea Detail - Feneris - 04-20-2018

Would an invisible graveyard with invisible fences and invisible tombstones that can be built on water work?