BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports (/showthread.php?tid=297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - Reino - 04-16-2018

Well since I came here to report a few bugs and found a new edition, I promplty didn't report them but replaced  my old worn-out mod  ver 3.. for ver4.  Thanks for all your hard work

This is contunuing in Ver 4 .;.

Now to a problem that is probably totally game related and not the mods at all but, since I'm using your mods I'm reporting it here first.

It involves students  and the time they are actually in school, well the amount of years they spend..  I had a student that graduted at 15  he was married to a worker.  My problem is I have several student 17 and 16 that are still in school. not married, but it seems they are required to be married to a worker and not another student..  This is the part of Banished I really dislike, because it seems to be promoting  a type of marriage that is considered perverted  60 year old men marring 14 year old girls and women in their early 30s marrying  a boy age 12..   Today I had these couples in my game, when I had the 16 and 17 year old student..  the game chose to break up a married couple and put the married male 33 in the home with a 15 year old student..  his daughter in fact..  May question is why isn't the 16 year old male allow to marry the 17 year old student..?    and secondly  I know their gradutation date depends on travel time but the amount of travel between the 15 year old male that graduted at 15, is nearly the same.. theres about 4 houses seperating one of the 17 year olds that is still in school? the 15 year old was the first student in the school?

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 04-16-2018

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7052" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/">@Reino</a>

The code related to marriage and education has not been changed from vanilla Banished.  There are some things where I avoid looking at it too closely to try to understand the developer's intent. However, I believe he really didn't consider all of the issues you've brought up.

I don't think so either BTW  my main question was asked second their amount of time they spend in School,  does not seem correct..  the 15 year old prior to marrige was 2 houses away and after marriage  across the street from the school.  the other 3   2 17 year old females and one 16 year old male are still only about 4 houses now in difference of travel  they all come off of the dock and walk directly into school.. all road travel..  seem very strange they are still in school 2 and 3 years later..    but do to the mod I'm required to report here..      so hopely he will read it.   but I dislike the game breaking up couples for forming another couple..  when both women are still child baring..  the aging mods seem to change this code some how..   Its a game right  but not everything is permissable, even if it is a game, anymore..   there was a time  it was just condsidered code ..  but  it is not anymore..  especially in Banished. In many countries this is still legal.

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - Goblin Girl - 04-16-2018

Kralyerg, this time Kid's Tiny workshop (this is the one that comes in red, blue, or green) won't take on flax to make linen clothing.  I'm now thinking that maybe I should check all of his workshops.  There are a few more besides this one and the forest outpost one, I'm sure.  But I don't think they all make linen clothing. 

wow I just clicked on Quote for Goblin Girls posted issue because today, I came here to post an issue that is very similar in Kids  the blacksmith is igorning the work list and basically just doing every thing, but there is no material at times.. this was ver 3  i just changed to ver 4  so I have not seen if the game is still doing this..  but it really weird that  the tools and coat all keep updating even though only one is selected.  like coats   but the tools keep replenishing even though they are turned off.!

When I clicked quote it threw me completely out of this web page??  I found myself instantly at my home page..  probably my stupid mouse but ..  

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - sadunkle - 04-16-2018

Thanks for this mod!  I love all the fun stuff!  I've noticed that the butchers create tallow, the wharf and ship create whale blubber, the apiary creates beeswax, but they are not being counted in the town halls and the chandlery can't make candles. 

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - StuckNorris - 04-16-2018

Thank you ill try winrar 

Quote:
7 hours ago, estherhb said:

Make sure you are using the current version of 7-Zip - some people have had trouble with older versions. You can also use WinRAR - and download a free trial version.  

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - StuckNorris - 04-16-2018

updated 7zip it works now thank you

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 04-16-2018

the numbers of years it takes for school totally depends of how far they live from the school. when the student is walking in the streets are not in school during that time. only the time spent inside the building counts.

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - Kralyerg - 04-16-2018

Quote:
6 hours ago, Goblin Girl said:

Kralyerg, this time Kid's Tiny workshop (this is the one that comes in red, blue, or green) won't take on flax to make linen clothing.  I'm now thinking that maybe I should check all of his workshops.  There are a few more besides this one and the forest outpost one, I'm sure.  But I don't think they all make linen clothing. 

Oh.. well.. it does and it doesn't.  Despite my best efforts at the time, there's actually 2 versions of Flax in the game.  One from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and one from New Flora.  I thought I had merged everything so that this wouldn't happen, but I seem to have missed this instance.  Kids workshops are asking for a version of Flax that is only available for trade, so it will ignore everything in your inventory that you made yourself.  I fixed it all for the next release so that they will ask for the same flax that is producible by the player.