BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports (/showthread.php?tid=297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - Kralyerg - 04-14-2018

Here's the discussion for the newest RC4 where you can list all the thousands of bugs that you find. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

RC4 is probably savegame compatible with RC3 games.  Discrepancy has indicated that DS Jetty And Bridge 2.0 is not savegame compatible with earlier versions of DS Jetty And Bridge.  So if you have made heavy use of those pieces, it may affect updating MegaMod midgame as well.

<p style="color:#272a34;">
Here's a short list of the known bugs. If it's listed here, you don' need to post about it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  New entries will be placed at the top of the list.

<ul style="color:#272a34;">[*]
Issue: 

[*]
Status

</ul>

Issue:  I can build a vanilla wood bridge successfully but not the other bridges because the Bannies cross the river and get stuck on the opposite side with a homeless tag.  They can die from starvation or the cold if the workers don't hurry up and construct the bridge.  

[*]
Status:  Tested several bridges. For us, the Draw Bridge and the Stone Bridge were OK, but a few workers for the Covered Bridge became homeless for a while. Builders went to both ends of the Stone and Wood Bridge but no one became homeless.  Problem appears to occur intermittently, making it more difficult to isolate the cause.  The code for all of the bridges are the same as that for the vanilla Wood Bridge.  We will research this further.

</ul>

Issue:  The stone building small school description reads "small school for 14 students" when it appears to educate 24.

[*]
Status:  The Small Stone School has been fixed so it educates 14 students so it matches the description for the next release.

</ul>

Issue: When choosing the medium DSSV start, the storage barn was built strange.

[*]

</ul>

Issue: Kid1293's Medieval Grace Monastery does not take on students; it produces goods. The Education Center however is not taking on students and should.

[*]
<span>Status:  The code for the Education Center has been fixed for the next release so it will take students.</span>

</ul>

Issue:  Game crashes when the easy (DSSV) start is selected /The rest of the starts DSSV without crashing the game, although not all were tested.

[*]

</ul>

Issue: Kid's Tiny Workshop (the one that comes in red, blue, or green) won't take on Flax to make linen clothing.<span> </span>

[*]
Status:  When combining mods into MM8, there were two types of flax and the plan was to make them both the same.  Wild flax and the crop grown flax are now the same flax.  But the Workshop is asking for the other type (which you can only get from a Merchant).  In the next version, the Workshop, Wild Flax and the Flax Crop will all be one kind.

</ul>

Issue: I noticed the gatherers also picking flowers.  Is this normal? 

[*]

</ul>

Issue:  The Herb Garden is using the logs counter instead of herbs.

[*]
Status: It is creating Herbs; however, the typo that caused it to count as Logs has been fixed in the next release.

</ul>

Issue:  A few of the latest DS mods were inadvertently left out of RC4, even though they are indicated as being included. 

[*]
Status: Fixed for next release and those responsible have been sacked.

</ul>

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - Goblin Girl - 04-15-2018

Thank you for all your hard work.  I strolled over here this morning to see if RC4 was available yet, and here you are!  Again, thanks.

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - StuckNorris - 04-15-2018

wont unzip using 7zip says cannot open file as archive. what else can i usee to unpack it? ive downloaded it twice doesnt seem to be corrupt

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - mamajmh - 04-15-2018

make sure it's completely downloaded before trying to unzip. i tried too quick first time and it didn't work either then noticed was 0kb size. waited minute or so and had no problem unzipping.

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - ROCKSTEADY - 04-16-2018

Small issue the Herb garden seems to be using the logs counter instead of herbs. I have to put the herb limit above the number of logs before anything is produced. When it is working I am not sure if it is producing herbs or logs,

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - Kralyerg - 04-16-2018

Quote:
3 hours ago, ROCKSTEADY said:

Small issue the Herb garden seems to be using the logs counter instead of herbs. I have to put the herb limit above the number of logs before anything is produced. When it is working I am not sure if it is producing herbs or logs,

It's creating Herbs, but there's definitely a typo that is causing it to use the Log Limit.

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - StuckNorris - 04-16-2018

downloaded twice going to try again but always says it cant open file as archive

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - StuckNorris - 04-16-2018

im running windows 7 premium if that would matter at all

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - DonSmart - 04-16-2018

I hope you don't mind that I post several items in one post.

First, a mega thank you to all the modders, programmers and testers who improve this game so much. 

1. So far, all starting conditions work (orchards, farmers, etc.).  Love it!  And I love how these starting conditions add so much variety!  Thank you!

2. I noticed the gatherers also picking flowers.  Is this normal?  I assume flower gatherers pick them but at an increased margin.

3. The coal is now correctly counted under minerals gathered and stored.  Helped big time, thanks! 

Are any testers also uploading their games into youtube?

MegaMod 8 RC4 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 04-16-2018

Quote:
15 hours ago, StuckNorris said:

wont unzip using 7zip says cannot open file as archive. what else can i usee to unpack it? ive downloaded it twice doesnt seem to be corrupt

Make sure you are using the current version of 7-Zip - some people have had trouble with older versions. You can also use WinRAR - and download a free trial version.