BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports (/showthread.php?tid=270)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - phyllidadavenport - 07-11-2018

Ahh I didn't realise there was an updated version of MM8...I'm still using the one I downloaded in March

I've downloaded the latest one (I believe) and will see what happens when I load up the game

Thanks

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - phyllidadavenport - 07-12-2018

It seems it was the RKEditors choice mod that was doing the damage [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> shame as I rather liked that too but it doesn't seem to like MM8

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 07-12-2018

Quote:
3 hours ago, phyllidadavenport said:

It seems it was the RKEditors choice mod that was doing the damage [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> shame as I rather liked that too but it doesn't seem to like MM8

probably depends alot of your mod order.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 07-12-2018

MM8 contains a lot of the pieces that are included in RK Editor's Choice mod. That's why you are getting duplicate buttons.  After Ed.Choice has been released for a while, may be included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and the duplicates will be eliminated. Until then, you may want to use it with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 and add your favorite, non duplicate mods, to that.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Foerdifuxx - 07-18-2018

How much memory is required for megamod? I usually kill the exe at 6 GB, do I need more RAM or is it a bug?

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 07-18-2018

the size of your map has alot of importance. if you have very few RAM in your pc, you need to go down a lot in size.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Goblin Girl - 07-18-2018

Quote:
3 hours ago, Foerdifuxx said:

How much memory is required for megamod? I usually kill the exe at 6 GB, do I need more RAM or is it a bug?

I have 16gb but an older i7 processor.  Once I get above 300 population on a very large map, the frame rate becomes intolerable.  On a large map I can get to 500 before that happens. 

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 07-18-2018

thats because we can get alot more trees, grass and animals moving in a very large map to compare the large one. we are providing very large map because people ask for it... but i think we shouldnt. thats not a good service to give to people ^^

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Foerdifuxx - 07-19-2018

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean at startup, before even starting a map. Just to run the game with the mod.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Goblin Girl - 07-19-2018

Quote:
3 hours ago, Foerdifuxx said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean at startup, before even starting a map. Just to run the game with the mod.

Well, I have an i7-2600 3.4 gHz, with 16 gb of ram.  Minimized, the game takes perhaps a minute to load.  If I don't minimize it, I'm looking at minimum 5 minutes, depending on what I have loaded besides megamod.  Without mods, the game loads quite quickly.  Maybe 2 seconds for the loading screen to come up, and 10 seconds for the menu.