BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports (/showthread.php?tid=270)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Firkin - 07-05-2018

Quote:
4 hours ago, estherhb said:

@Firkin :

Not sure why the tutorial is causing crashes - this is a problem with vanilla Banished. Unfortunately Crash Dump files aren't terribly helpful since they aren't really in English. All you can do is look through them and see if anything stands out.  First, make sure you are using the current version of Banished - 1.0.7 Build 170910.  Make sure your antivirus program isn't preventing saves and sees Banished as a friend.  I'm seeing references to Parental Settings - maybe these are getting in the way?

I also noticed references to lots of mods:  South African Housing, Better Stockpiles, Apiary, DS Jetty, DS Harsh Mountains, EB Tannery, RK Garden Wall, and Ghost Ground Cover.  Those references shouldn't exist if you aren't using any mods .  My guess is you (or someone else in the family that plays Banished) subscribed to these mods off of Steam. To get rid of them, unsubscribe from the Steam Workshop, then go into your Banished > WinData folder and delete the .pkm files (be sure to keep the four .pkg files). Go back into the game, making sure no mods appear, then exit the game completely. Then go in and starting a new game. (Any time you add or delete mods, you need to exit the game completely which helps prevent crashes.)

If this doesn't work, you could try looking up this issue in the Steam Discussion. I've never used the Tutorial. Instead I watched a lot of Banished YouTubes. I think Pinstar's Crossroads is a good tutorial.  Honeywell's Perfect Town is also good. My favorite is Skye Storme's 1st series - love his sense of humor.

Hope this helps.

Yup, running a legal steam copy, so it's fully updated. The antivirus is something I haven't thought of - I checked that, seems fine to me. As for parental settings, that's very odd; I'm using an admin account, and it's the only account on this pc (living with my wife for quite some time now :P). No idea how these showed up. 

As for other mods, it's a fresh installment of the game - I just bought it yesterday. I haven't used the workshop at all. There can't possibly be any past mod subscriptions.

I tried removing <abbr title="MegaMod">mm</abbr>'s pkm files (which are basically all the pkm files I have) and running the tutorial again - it worked fine. After I reinstalled them and started a normal game (not the tutorial) the same menu worked with no problem, so it seems the problem really is just the tutorial not functioning properly with the mod running.

Anyway, ill just act on your advice and watch some youtube vids as an alternative. Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

^^ i never thought to try to make a tutorial and then pause and add a mod to it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> (if it is what he did)

Not sure what you mean. The tutorial shows up in the main menu even when running the modded version of the game. I just started it with the default given option.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 07-05-2018

Quote:
39 minutes ago, Firkin said:

Not sure what you mean. The tutorial shows up in the main menu even when running the modded version of the game. I just started it with the default given option.

ok so when you launch a tuto, it automatically load your mod order ? 

Quote:
6 hours ago, Ketchup said:

ok so when you launch a tuto, it automatically load your mod order ? 

I assumed it does. Is there a way to know for sure if the mods are being loaded?

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 07-06-2018

bah yeah, once your tuto has been started... do you have a mods button in the menu ?

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 07-06-2018

so i ve gone testing....

i couldnt check if the button was there or not, i was crashing everytime with my RK Ed mod ON.

the only way you can do the tutorials is : you need to disable all your mods first before going to click the tutorial button. or you will crash.

this is not something about megamod but something about the game vs mods vs tuto in general.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Vrayna - 07-07-2018

The tutorial only works with the vanilla version of the buildings it asks you to use. So yeah, mods make it crash or fail when the game doesn't recognize you've indeed built what it told you to.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - phyllidadavenport - 07-10-2018

Under the SR tab...Town Hall...each time I place it it crashes the old fatal error thing

And like others I've many duplicate icons on the tool bar or just dots where some icon should be

Just thought I'd mention it

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 07-10-2018

Quote:
1 hour ago, phyllidadavenport said:

Under the SR tab...Town Hall...each time I place it it crashes the old fatal error thing

And like others I've many duplicate icons on the tool bar or just dots where some icon should be

Just thought I'd mention it

then certainly have a conflict. is <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> your real first mod in the list ?

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 07-10-2018

I'm not getting duplicate icons or just dots. Sounds like there's a conflict or you are using duplicate mods. Please verify that you are using Banished 1.0.7 (found at bottom of opening screen).  Try using ONLY the most current version of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8. Make sure you aren't also using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, an older version of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, the Compatibility Mod or the old <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> Deco file. Be sure to go in, make the changes to the Mods list, so there is only one mod that is checked (MM8), then exit completely before starting a new game.  When you go back in, verify the list of mods. 

IF MM8 works fine by itself, then you are using some other mod that conflicts.  Please let us know.