BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports (/showthread.php?tid=270)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 06-26-2018

Quote:
3 hours ago, didakkos said:

I don't know if it's because of some update or something, but it randomly crashes 5-10 minutes in the game.

Hard to tell why you are having crashes when others aren't. Here's some possible fixes:

• The crash could be happening when there is an automatic save. Make sure your anti-virus program is allowing saves.

• Are you using any other mods?  Sounds like you could be and one or more are incompatible.  If so, what are they and what is the order?

• Make sure you are using Banished version 1.0.7 Build 170910 (version is found at the bottom of the screen when the game loads)

• Make sure you are using the most recent version of MegaMod 8 - RC5

• When you add or delete any mods, be sure to exit the game completely before going back in to start a new game

• Did you start a new game?

Let us know if any of these were the problem

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - jumbles - 07-03-2018

dont know if this has been mentioned yet.  My game crashed every time i assigned a worker to the shepard.  I had no other gatherers, which may have contributed.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 07-03-2018

That's odd. Are you now using MM8 (the last version released) or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8 - RC5?  Are you using any other mods?

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - jumbles - 07-03-2018

latest version, only mod.  I guess i should say it doesnt crash immediately on click as far as i can tell, so maybe when the worker goes to pick up an animal?  I'm not sure.  The error log looked like a null pointer.  Happened across two games as well, early enough that im sure its the shepard.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 07-03-2018

I'm not having any crashes when I use the Wild Shepherd, so it is hard to pinpoint why you are having some. (Maybe some others will write in and can explain if they are also having problems.) 

You could try switching from DX9 to DX11 or vice versa (some get crashes with one but not the other).  Note that every time you add or delete a mod (check or uncheck it), you should completely exit Banished before going in and playing a game - this prevents some crashes, especially those that occur on exit.

The obvious "fix" is to not use the Wild Shepherd.  There are two Stables you can use to produce Domesticated Animals. The bigger red one requires Domesticated Animals to build it. The smaller brown Stable doesn't require them; so you could use the brown one. Or you could just trade for the few you need to build the red one. (One reason to use the red one is that it can make D.A. from more types of grain.)

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Firkin - 07-05-2018

I apologize in advance if this has already been posted:

The game crashes for me on the first tutorial, whenever I open "Storage, markets, and trade" menu. 

Error: A fatal access violation has occurred in application-steam-x64.exe and the game cannot continue. 

Running the game for the first time, and got no other mods installed.

added a screenshot and a crash.dmp file. Let me know if you need anything else. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_07/Untitled.jpg.90ad2011e1b6de0672734948dc55f0a5.jpg" data-fileid="3073">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_07/Untitled.thumb.jpg.3b017eabda393fa7027a40e0e0dff980.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3074" data-fileid="3074">crash.dmp</a>

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 07-05-2018

@Firkin :

Not sure why the tutorial is causing crashes - this is a problem with vanilla Banished. Unfortunately Crash Dump files aren't terribly helpful since they aren't really in English. All you can do is look through them and see if anything stands out.  First, make sure you are using the current version of Banished - 1.0.7 Build 170910.  Make sure your antivirus program isn't preventing saves and sees Banished as a friend.  I'm seeing references to Parental Settings - maybe these are getting in the way?

I also noticed references to lots of mods:  South African Housing, Better Stockpiles, Apiary, DS Jetty, DS Harsh Mountains, EB Tannery, RK Garden Wall, and Ghost Ground Cover.  Those references shouldn't exist if you aren't using any mods .  My guess is you (or someone else in the family that plays Banished) subscribed to these mods off of Steam. To get rid of them, unsubscribe from the Steam Workshop, then go into your Banished > WinData folder and delete the .pkm files (be sure to keep the four .pkg files). Go back into the game, making sure no mods appear, then exit the game completely. Then go in and starting a new game. (Any time you add or delete mods, you need to exit the game completely which helps prevent crashes.)

If this doesn't work, you could try looking up this issue in the Steam Discussion. I've never used the Tutorial. Instead I watched a lot of Banished YouTubes. I think Pinstar's Crossroads is a good tutorial.  Honeywell's Perfect Town is also good. My favorite is Skye Storme's 1st series - love his sense of humor.

Hope this helps.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 07-05-2018

how come you succeed to do a tutorial with mods installed ?

does <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> have added their own tuto ?

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Kralyerg - 07-05-2018

No, I've never done anything to do with tutorials since the very first time I played banished. I have no idea what happens if you try the tutorial with mods.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Ketchup - 07-05-2018

^^ i never thought to try to make a tutorial and then pause and add a mod to it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> (if it is what he did)