BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports (/showthread.php?tid=270)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 07-09-2019

Make sure you are using the most recent version of Banished - v 1.0.7 - build 170910. You can find that at the bottom of the 1st menu. Also, make sure you aren't using any other mods at 1st to make sure there is nothing incompatible. Make sure you have all 3 MM8. 1 mods in 1, 2, 3 order and no other versions of Colonial Charter enabled. They will be red which is normal.  Also, anytime you make changes to your mod list (add or delete), be sure to exit the game completely before starting a new game.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - lord_hensel - 07-09-2019

I have no other mods installed and have deleted all other old unused mods from the mods folder, I have been trying to click on several styles of traders both before finished and after built and ibn both cases they will fatal error to desktop.  I have tweaked graphic setting switched to and from dx 9 and 11.  Wondering why this seems to be an issue on my game and I can't seem to find any instances of this issue happening except for several years ago.  My main menu shows I am using build 170910 and have all 3 mods in order.  Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

The main reason trading posts cause crashes is because the inventory uses "flags" (think "categories") that aren't in the vanilla game. This can mean you are either using a version of MegaMod other than 8.01 or a version of Banished other than 1.0.7 build 170910 or it could mean there is a trading post in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> that somehow did not get updated to use the new flags.  Since you have verified which version/build of Banished you have already, please verify that you have all 3 MegaMod 8.01 files activated, in 1, 2, 3 order.  After you verify that you are using the right version of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, let us know exactly which Trading Posts have problems so Kralyerg can check the code for that particular model - it will help if you tell us which toolbars you used to access them and include a picture.  

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - lord_hensel - 07-09-2019

It crashed with the 2 seed traders, when using the green valley map, but made a new map and the seed trader seemed to be fine, so Im not sure if it was the map or somehow that particular save was corrupt.  

I don't know what "the 2 seed traders" are without the full name and the toolbar info, but I'm glad it's working.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Pai - 07-15-2019

Damn.. I'm getting a fatal accesses crash with only <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> installed. 

And I have no idea what that crash report is made out of.. can't read that at all.   Banished and the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> mod are up to date

Any ideas on how to start to even check what the issue is?

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 07-15-2019

Verify that you are using Banished 1.0.7 - Build 170910 (it is at the bottom of the opening menu.  Also verify that you are using MegaMod 8.01, and that you extracted the .rar file into the 3 .pkm files put them in your Banished>WinData folder. Anytime you make any changes to your mod list, be sure to exit the game completely then load it up and start a new map.  This helps prevent crashes. Until you make sure <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> is working OK, don't add any other mods.

Note that <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> is HUGE so it could take 10 minutes or so to load up. If this just isn't working, it could be that your PC can't handle the combined size of the files. Try running just Colonial Charter 1.76 with vanilla Banished and see if that works (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 is the largest mod in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.)

If you are crashing during autosaves, it could be that your anti-virus sees Banished as a threat. In that case, you will need to add Banished to your program's exclusion list. (There should be instructions for your software on-line.)

Please let us know if any of this helps.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Pai - 07-15-2019

Ya man, I did all that. Read the thread for the basic stuff.  <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> is nice and big but that's no big deal, loads in under a min for me. And I got plenty of mem and raw power left to run it.

Beast does take 50%+ tho. Doesn't crash during an autosave or any simple shit like that.  Do you have any idea how to check that log file?

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - estherhb - 07-15-2019

You should also try switching to DX9 or DX11.  I find that DX11 loads faster, but some find it causes crashes.

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - Pai - 07-16-2019

I think its the apathary.. aprtha.. hmm aprathary?..  Grrr bee farm.   that's causing the crash.    Something along with the big bee farm and autosaves is messing things up.  

At least that's what my little bit of testing shows.  3 for 3 so far.  But backdating to an earlier save before the bee farm fixs it.