BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 8 Open Discussion - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 8 Open Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

MM8 Discussion - Ihmislehma - 09-19-2018

Thanks for the explanation on the percentage! I was aware of how nomads otherwise work, just not what the % meant in the sign.

Actually, I mean the themed swamp set, from KID. The building is Swamp Reed Bundler. I had a warehouse and Swamp reed bundler right next to each other, the warehouse containing a few hundred reeds. The worker was diligently gathering reeds from the warehourse, depleting that to less than 100 reeds, but the swamp reed bundler building never gained anything into it's inventory, and the worker never worked there. No bundles were made at all.

The problem with the Tiny House was that they kept topping it up to nearly 300 firewood, depleting all available firewood. If they rushed because firewood was low... then why did no other household do that? The firewood was constantly 0 to 50 in storage because of that one household. After removing the Tiny House and replacing with something else, the problem stopped.

Also, how are the transit stoages meant to work? I placed a Iron Transit storage next to my small smelter, and it never received any iron in it. I love the covered look.

Thanks for the Stack burner tip! I'll be sure to make one soon. I usually go with Reed Bundles to save up on logs.

MM8 Discussion - Kyana - 09-22-2018

Hey,

Is there a forester in mm8 who doesnt have a storage inside? Or only stores wood? Right now the foresters get full with iron.. It seems to slow them down, even with a wood stockpile next to it. Also my town keeps saying i dont have enough iron. I dont think they grab it from the forester. 

MM8 Discussion - estherhb - 09-22-2018

Most Foresters do not have storage including the vanilla Forester, the one that's part of kid1293's Forest Outpost, and those from Red Ketchup. Logs are stored in stockpiles.  In MM8, iron ore is gathered from the ground and must be processed to become Iron by a foundry, forge, small iron smelter, etc. Maybe you have lots of Iron Ore but aren't producing Iron?  

If this doesn't solve the issue, please let me know exactly which forester you are using and if you are using any other mods. (Also, make sure you're using <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8.01 and Banished v 1.0.7.)

MM8 Discussion - Kyana - 09-24-2018

That is weird.. I tried most foresters i could find even the vanilla one (in the SR tab) the iron gets stored in the foresters, not iron ore.. So i had 400 iron in one forester and they refused to get it.. Only the warehouse to stuff things in with a worker grabbed it. 

I do have ridiculous storage as a mod. 

I used to have the improved forester but its not an activated mod. It was not activated  the last 3 maps i played on.

MM8 Discussion - estherhb - 09-24-2018

Note that in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, as in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, the "iron" found on the ground is Iron Ore. Iron Ore must be smelted to make Iron at either a Foundry, Forge or the Small Iron Smelter.  Maps usually start with a small amount of Iron and it is easy to use that up.  Which building are you using to make Iron?

The Forester will gather Stone and Iron Ore while they are clearing the area inside their work circle so they can plant trees.  The window for the Forester shows the Iron Ore gathered.  However, they don't store it. They take it to a stockpile.  Do you have a stockpile with room in it near your Forester?  

If this doesn't help, please provide a picture of the Forester with the open window showing the Iron that is being stored there.

Hey,

I started new map but this one got it too.

Ps: i always remove all iron ore and stone before using the forester. There is a stockpile on the left for logs only.

My last town said iron was low. I had 400 iron so i looked where i had it stored. It was nowhere to be found untill i saw it in one forester. 

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="3129" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_09/1537821094575325280322.jpg.caec0b839fda9e1af65a603463982ccb.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_09/1537821094575325280322.thumb.jpg.a2aa8fab787a677842dfb2e1919a56fd.jpg[/img]</a>

Are you using the Improved Forester mod by Yanderson or any other mods besides <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8.01 and Ridiculous Storage?  

Are you using the Iron is Iron mod?  If not, which building are you using to smelt Iron Ore into Iron?

I do have the improved forester mod, but its not enabled for last weeks.. (Real life weeks). And i havent even enabled it on this particular laptop. Im not using iron is iron mod. Im using the small iron smelter ( ill look up the name of this building... - it's actually called Small Iron Smelter)

These are the enabled mods. Below this are the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> mods, no other mods are enabled. 

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_09/15378280069792078437768.thumb.jpg.944ae667cd714207f1b957e090c971e3.jpg[/img]

I'm in the middle of a game using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and about 40 mods, so I decided to load up MegaMod on my husband's computer/Steam account.  Little did I realize that he hasn't played in quite a while and still had 50 or so out of date mods loaded and had never uploaded <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.  It was incredibly slow to start especially considering that his computer is better than mine. So I switched him from DX9 to DX11 and crashed the game. Heck Ned.  Anyway, I finally got it running so I could check out the Foresters.

Apparently MM8 includes the Improved Foresters mod - but it doesn't apply to all of the Foresters. It modifies the vanilla Forester under SR (ShiningRock) and also found under the Resource tab on the Main Menu. It also affects the other forester shown in your picture. It does not modify the Colonial Charter Foresters found under the Resource Production tab on the main menu, such as New Trees, Pines, Palm Trees, etc.; they do not have storage.  I didn't check the Foresters made by other modders.