BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 8 Open Discussion - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 8 Open Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

MM8 Discussion - LadieWinter - 08-02-2018

I would also like to report that the textures for the Inn and Garden are really messed up.

[Image: ppsx8wx.jpg]

MM8 Discussion - DonSmart - 08-03-2018

I just noticed a repeat issue that apparently was resolved earlier on people getting stuck across a river after building a new bridge.  I made a wooden bridge plus a new road on that new side.  A peep crossed the river by foot and started to clear things on the other side, yelling that he was homeless and soon starving.  Thanks.

MM8 Discussion - estherhb - 08-03-2018

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15885-ladiewinter/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15885" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15885-ladiewinter/">@LadieWinter</a> Kralyerg will fix the model for the next release.  Thank you for pointing this out.  Note that the other model, which is the current <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> model and is available as an F-key variant, works fine in case you need to use it.

MM8 Discussion - estherhb - 08-03-2018

Quote:
3 hours ago, DonSmart said:

I just noticed a repeat issue that apparently was resolved earlier on people getting stuck across a river after building a new bridge.  I made a wooden bridge plus a new road on that new side.  A peep crossed the river by foot and started to clear things on the other side, yelling that he was homeless and soon starving.  Thanks.

This is something we've been aware of for some time. However, we have no idea how to fix it. The Wooden Bridge is the original vanilla bridge and it is the example used when creating all other bridges. The problem is contained in that code and appears to not be accessible to modders.   

MM8 Discussion - Goblin Girl - 08-03-2018

I've had several instances of a laborer getting stuck in a loop trying to put something into a barn, laying it on the ground, trying again, and so on.  In every case the barn had plenty of space, had been used before, and the resource they were attempting to put in had even been in that barn before.  I've seen this with Kid's Swamp barn, his Forest barn, and with the Viking Stock Vault.  Like I said, in all cases the barns had been working fine and then suddenly they weren't.  The first two times (Swamp and Viking) it was flax, and so I wondered if there was a new problem with the flax resource.  But just today I had the problem with blueberries and the forest barn. 

One thing all three instances had in common was that the barn was relatively close to the edge of the map.  Like, 20 tiles or so from the edge of where it is possible to build.  Could that be causing the problem?  Or is something else going on?

MM8 Discussion - DonSmart - 08-03-2018

Thanks, Estherhb.  I worked around it by opening debug and disabled hunger and cold.  It worked in the last release though so I thought I'd re-report it.  So far, so good and so many things I'm trying.

MM8 Discussion - LadieWinter - 08-03-2018

Quote:
4 hours ago, estherhb said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15885-ladiewinter/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15885" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15885-ladiewinter/">@LadieWinter</a> Kralyerg will fix the model for the next release.  Thank you for pointing this out.  Note that the other model, which is the current <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> model and is available as an F-key variant, works fine in case you need to use it.

Thanks! I didn't even realize there was another model. : )

MM8 Discussion - Ketchup - 08-03-2018

Quote:
4 hours ago, estherhb said:

This is something we've been aware of for some time. However, we have no idea how to fix it. The Wooden Bridge is the original vanilla bridge and it is the example used when creating all other bridges. The problem is contained in that code and appears to not be accessible to modders.   

the problem are the build_00x dummy. they need to be moved abit further and are too near of an unwalkable zone. in the 3D mesh .fbx the dummies need to be pushed a bit more toward right x+. most case a<b>n extra </b>move of x+ 0,5 tile should enough to fix their problems

MM8 Discussion - Zutheena - 08-08-2018

I make a new game, enabled ONLY the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> mods part 1,2 and 3 in order, and my game crashes before it's off loading screen for a new game. changed the starting conditions and it loaded up, but crashed after a while when I tried going back to main menu.

MM8 Discussion - Ketchup - 08-09-2018

never never go in mod window and do changes without exiting totally the game after before starting a new game.