BlackLiquid Forums
colonial charter error - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Mods General Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: colonial charter error (/showthread.php?tid=230)

Pages: 1 2 3

colonial charter error - estherhb - 07-09-2018

Each version of Colonial Charter contains everything and just adds more.  You definitely don't want to use the current version with an older version.  

When you add or delete mods, be sure to exit the game completely before trying to start a new game. This helps prevent crashes.

colonial charter error - yamiilham - 07-09-2018

The crash when i add <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> journey and the massage say should restarting like another player restarting the banished when i restartimg is black screen there no arrow sign in my computer how to fix it

colonial charter error - Ketchup - 07-09-2018

you know the black screen should last between 10 and 35 mins ?

colonial charter error - Vrayna - 07-10-2018

Quote:
5 hours ago, Ketchup said:

you know the black screen should last between 10 and 35 mins ?

This. Unless the game specifically drops you back on desktop with an error message, it hasn't actually crashed, it's just working hard on loading the mod. It can take a pretty long time on older computers. It takes a couple of minutes on my desktop, and 3 on my laptop now that it has 8GB of RAM. It used to take longer before that.

It's perfectly fine to alt-tab and do other stuff while it's loading. You can catch up on your emails or the latest gossip or simply go grab a snack and a drink to enjoy with your Banishing. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

colonial charter error - yamiilham - 07-11-2018

WHAT!!!!!!! that so long  after the black screen that was massage crash fatal error in my banished game

colonial charter error - Ketchup - 07-11-2018

Quote:
2 hours ago, yamiilham said:

WHAT!!!!!!! that so long  after the black screen that was massage crash fatal error in my banished game

than, it is bad [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

colonial charter error - yamiilham - 07-11-2018

anyone can fix that crash? or my computer is not enough memory ram my ram 4gb and my bit is 32 bit and the usable is 2.92 gb it is old computer i use it alredy 6 years [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

colonial charter error - Ketchup - 07-11-2018

Quote:
51 minutes ago, yamiilham said:

anyone can fix that crash? or my computer is not enough memory ram my ram 4gb and my bit is 32 bit and the usable is 2.92 gb it is old computer i use it alredy 6 years [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

thats probably your problem. but 6year is not that old, but been built cheap though. 6 years, you should have got a windows 64bits though. you are posting about colonial charter, is it really <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> you try to load, and not megamod ? are you trying to use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> alone with no other mods ?

colonial charter error - yamiilham - 07-12-2018

so i must buy new computer or reinstall my computer?

colonial charter error - estherhb - 07-13-2018

I'm having trouble understanding the problem you are having.  Partly, you are keeping your statements way too short and not providing enough detail. It may help for you to write out your answer in your native language, then use an on-line translator to put it into English.

Are you able to run vanilla Banished with no problem? You need to make sure you are using version 1.0.7. You can find the version at the bottom of the 1st screen when the game loads. Start a new game and save and exit to make sure there are no problems.

If that is OK, add one smaller mod. If you don't know of any, use this one that adds some small buildings to the game: HERE. When you download the mod, the file (MiniBuildings.pkm) will go into your download folder. Copy that file into your Banished > WinData folder. (Let me know if you need more help on this.)  Start Banished and go into mods and check the mod. Make sure you exit Banished completely before trying to play a game. (ALWAYS exit completely after adding or deleting mods to prevent crashes on exiting.) After you restart Banished, start a new town and try using a few of the new buildings. Save and exit the game, making sure there are no crashes.

If that works fine, you can try using Colonial Charter 1.76 available from here. Since it doesn't include the mini buildings, you don't need to delete that mod.  Note that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 is really big, so it could take several minutes to load - all you'll get is a black screen. You will need to start a new map. Some people find that switching to DX 11 makes it load faster; others find DX 9 is better (because DX 11 causes crashes for them).

If <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 is too large to run on your computer, you may be able to use several small mods instead. Let us know and we can help you choose some that will make Banished even better than the vanilla version.