BlackLiquid Forums
MegaMod 9 Public Beta - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: MegaMod 9 Public Beta (/showthread.php?tid=2176)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - maiden4meldin@gmail.com - 02-10-2021

Just bought a brand new gaming computer, my old one crashed with mm8, this one is i7 ssd 20gb ram, super cooled, and a massive hd. should run this game with mm9 like a boss. at least that is the plan. Will let you know how great it is, after a week of playing with it.

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - maiden4meldin@gmail.com - 02-11-2021

I am now using windows ten, and have an i7 with an ssd and aan hdd with a combined 1tb save space. 20gb ram, a great graphics card, and it is new to me at least, it is a new build, with some elder parts. 

Anyway, the specs say I can play with cities skylines, they are better than the recommended. The problems I am having with MM9, is how to load it once it is all unzipped, and downloaded onto my ssd drive. 

I did find all the files eventually. lol. windows ten is weird how it is set up, but I am figuring it out. 

I have the MM9 all unzipped, and ready to play with. 

I went to my program files, found the Steam, Steam Apps, Common, Banished, maybe not in that exact order, but it looked the same as when I loaded MM8, so then I went to my banished game, hit the mods, and there was nothing there for me to use?? Did I do something wrong? Is there a different loading up for MM9.  Also, I know I have to activate the files, as they are numbered from 1 thru 6. And for good measure, once loaded, to save a map, exit and reload Banished, so it remembers the settings. Unless I no longer need to do that last exit and reload thing.  

Anyways, itching to check out mm9!!!
Any help would be awesome!! and I will be happy to provide feed back on the playability, and share my specs more formally once I get into the mod package

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - Vrayna - 02-12-2021

The .pkm files aren't dropped in the Banished folder directly, but in the Windata subfolder inside Banished folder.

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - maiden4meldin@gmail.com - 02-12-2021

(02-12-2021, 01:09 AM)Vrayna Wrote: The .pkm files aren't dropped in the Banished folder directly, but in the Windata subfolder inside Banished folder.
That would explain why they didn't show up in my new game window lol. Thank you Vrayna!

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - avebury - 02-25-2021

Thank you, so much for all your hard work! I love the new wild animals in MM9 it's great. No problems to report so far.

Except I cannot find the perfumery, has it been removed for good?

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - Bemusement - 02-28-2021

Many thanks for the work you've put into this!

A couple oddities I've noticed:

1) Repeatable crashes with the goat butcher. My test game crashed 3 times as soon as I built it. The 4th time, I let the game run without problems for several years before completing the goat butcher. The game promptly crashed.

2) This is a strange one, and I'll try to see if it's reproducible. I didn't like the initial map (started with horses, which should be haulers, not food), so exited that map without quitting the game. With a new map, found multiple items missing from the toolbars. The Mod Parts 1, 2, and 3 did load (so started with goats, etc.), but Parts 4-6 were disabled, eliminating grammar school and lots of other stuff. Saving, exiting, and reloading failed to bring those parts back into that game. (Is there a list indicating which mods are in which parts?)

3) Had the same experience with fodder others already noted. (RedKetchup's logs+stone stable accepts plain fodder; stables built with lumber and stone don't.)

4) This is just an impression, but I'm curious to know if it's shared--it seems to me that the collection of wood is slower than it had been with MegaMod 8. It may be that I'm still exploring the new options and failing to monitor the basics, of course.

BTW, I've a Windows 7 system with an I7 core, 16 Gb of ram, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti gpu. The game takes only a couple minutes to load.

Again, thanks for putting this together!

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - Bemusement - 03-01-2021

I've now tested several runs of the game, most recently going up to over 400 pop., around yr. 80. These are a couple more things I've noticed:

1) It has seemed to me that many goods aren't reaching their destinations, but with items like iron destined for multiple users, it's been hard to confirm this. The one case I've tested thoroughly is stock for the Inn & Garden and for the Tavern. I've a winery, tobacco curer, perfumery, and two pub kitchens. Over the course of 20 years, nothing got to the Inn & Garden. To see if it was this specific structure with problems, I built a Tavern. Again, its inventory is empty. The Town Hall's inventory shows no wine, pipe tobacco, or pub meals, though the individual producers do show production. Is there a mod with a detective?

Oddly--while typing this post, I let the game run on unattended, losing, of course, over a hundred citizens. At that point (year 90), goods started appearing at both the Inn and the Tavern as well as in the Town Hall's inventory. When I started typing this, there were 126 laborers available; after the population loss, there were only 3-4. With Mega 8, I hadn't noticed problems with a large labor force, but it now seems that the game isn't matching carrier to destination when there are too many options? That doesn't explain the absence from the inventory.

2) Placed on a lake, the PEI Shore V2 doesn't catch anything; it works on a river.

Again, thanks for putting this together!

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - Johntodd - 03-26-2021

A big thank you to you folks doing all this hard work!

I've been playing No Man's Sky for 1500 hours now, but I am ready to try me some new Banished stuff!

You guys rock!

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - Angelhearth - 05-09-2021

I was fumbling a little with the installation, so here's what I did, if anyone else are as dum as me.  Wink

1. Open Banished and disable all mods.
  2. Open Steam/Banished and unsubscribe to everything (you don't want Steam to download anything before you are sure MM9 is running OK).
  3. Open the folder ...Steam\steamapps\common\Banished\WinData and delete everything except data0.pkg data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg.
  4. Copy the new MM9 pkg files into the folder.
  5. Start Banished.

Has anyone checked what mods will work with MM9?

Is use these 2, in addition to some mods from BLS.
  •   Debug Menu (the others I've tested crashes with MM8, so I don't bother).
  •   No More Rain!

RE: MegaMod 9 Public Beta - gnrnr - 06-05-2021

Fodder doesn't get converted into Fodder-thatch and a number of buildings need fodder-thatch to complete or to use in production.