BlackLiquid Forums
Keep certain things out of the market buildings. - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Keep certain things out of the market buildings. (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Pages: 1 2

Keep certain things out of the market buildings. - chrisgryph - 08-02-2018

A huge annoyance I have sometimes is how like 90% of my central markets' inventories end up being filled with charcoal and stone and iron, things that already have their own dedicated buildings.  Markets should be for things like tools and clothing and food, and basically nothing else.  It'd be great to see some sort of add-on mod for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> that would keep certain things out of market inventories.  I tried to make it myself, but the Banished toolkit won't run on my computer for some reason.

Keep certain things out of the market buildings. - estherhb - 08-02-2018

Markets are a way of making a variety of items, produced all over the map, available for citizens living within it's circle. Usually, markets offer a wide variety of goods and don't get filled up with any particular category such as charcoal, stone and/or iron. The exception is the Food Market and the smaller, specific market wagons and stalls. Possibly you have periods where there isn't enough food, clothing or tools to put into markets, allowing them to fill up with other items? Or,an overabundance of stone, charcoal and iron? One way you can reduce the amount of unwanted items in markets is to remove them from circulation. Putting excess in a Resource Depot or a Trading Post (one situated on a land-locked lake are great storage buildings) are options for storing excess items.

BTW, which <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> are you using and are you using any other mods?

Quote:
2 hours ago, estherhb said:

Markets are a way of making a variety of items, produced all over the map, available for citizens living within it's circle. Usually, markets offer a wide variety of goods and don't get filled up with any particular category such as charcoal, stone and/or iron. The exception is the Food Market and the smaller, specific market wagons and stalls. Possibly you have periods where there isn't enough food, clothing or tools to put into markets, allowing them to fill up with other items? Or,an overabundance of stone, charcoal and iron? One way you can reduce the amount of unwanted items in markets is to remove them from circulation. Putting excess in a Resource Depot or a Trading Post (one situated on a land-locked lake are great storage buildings) are options for storing excess items.

BTW, which <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> are you using and are you using any other mods?

I'm using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 Journey alongside a bunch of other, smaller mods, but this happens even when <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is my only mod running.  I understand that markets are supposed to help distribute goods across the city, I mean, that is sortof the point after all.  It's just really frustrating when I see a stockpile literally completely empty when the market has hundreds of whatever resource the stockpile is for in it, clogging up its inventory.  The only workaround I've found is to limit the amount of stored wood, stone, or whatever to a very small amount, in which instance the stockpiles and other raw resource storage buildings end up with nothing in them ever.

Another possibility is that you have overhired Vendors so they have time to grab everything in sight. I only use one unless I'm having trouble stocking the market because it needs to obtain goods from afar.  I will also make sure Kralyerg sees your post [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
38 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Another possibility is that you have overhired Vendors so they have time to grab everything in sight. I only use one unless I'm having trouble stocking the market because it needs to obtain goods from afar.

Nope, only using one as well, although for me it just seems one is enough for most games.

Quote:
38 minutes ago, estherhb said:

I will also make sure Kralyerg sees your post [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Hey, awesome, thank you!

Keep certain things out of the market buildings. - stiles - 08-02-2018

not all markets wil act the same. there are many mods including older 1.06 mods.some markets are set with a % alotted to different items.therefore they can not be filled with only a few items.in other words the market has space saved for food,clothing,firewood,etc so tools won't fill it totally. there are also sets of small markets or carts that can help with this issue. note most of the older markets do not have the coding for the new items,so they will only store the needed items and possably iron and logs. i have only seen 2 that will get stuck trying to store something they can not..

to ESTHERHB's point.you do not want to over or under produce things.under producing is much worse. as then  the vendor has to travel to find the items and they become scattered everywhere but where you need them. you can control much with the limits.a newer townhall weill give you the info on how much is being produces and used.

also be aware that older mods such as the my precious will still make items per the old rules. this can affect some limits such as textiles. i actually have this mod asd well as others, and have several items still using the old flags.

couple pointers: 1> add a pile near mines or forests. i use a general pile in this locations to give them a quick place to drop items. also add a small shed or barn. i have a mod called storageshed. this is an older mod but very handy plus it looks good next to production areas. i use these a lot near shops so the workers have a quick place to unload what items they are making. very versatile. 2> remember what goes into a market stays there until needed by either a bannie in the case of food or a workplace such as textiles. they don't move from 1 market to another. this is helpful. what goes in market "A" will not fill market "B". i use an industrial plaza or some wharehouses near production areas.this market supplies the workers but also ties up some of these excess items.

please check WOB,world of banished for many mods and ideas. as you play ,you will develop yur own playstyle and want different or more mods.rthe modders here and there both are awesome at coming up with new ideas.

Kralyerg verified that the Central Market and other <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Markets have code that specifies the max % of categories (such as Stone, Food, Fuel, etc.) markets will store. This was adjusted when the additional flags were added so a few items will not inundate a market. The total storage for the Central Market is 18,500 which indicates the total weight of goods not the item count.  Stone, Iron and Charcoal should not take up 90% of your Central Market. If so, it is likely that you are using a mod that is causing that. Please let us know which mods you are using, the versions and load order. Also, it would help if you could send us a picture of your market with the inventory open. 

Keep certain things out of the market buildings. - stiles - 08-02-2018

is it by weight or item count? there is a huge difference. stone will weigh more than food.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>     if you think of it can you check if the items store in the order they are listed o the market? example say the list in the coding is food,raw materials,minerals,tools,clothing,firewood. than the market stocks food then raw materials,etc.in order. so if you had 10 food and 1000 tools,the vendor would waunder the map looking for the food and not stock the tools even though you have plenty.  from what others have been reporting this seems to be the issue. the markets aren't stocking what is available while the vendor is looking for the odd items instead. like food is listed below the other items so the game prioritizes the other items more. thank you

Quote:
1 hour ago, estherhb said:

Kralyerg verified that the Central Market and other <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Markets have code that specifies the max % of categories (such as Stone, Food, Fuel, etc.) markets will store. This was adjusted when the additional flags were added so a few items will not inundate a market. The total storage for the Central Market is 18,500 which indicates the total weight of goods not the item count.  Stone, Iron and Charcoal should not take up 90% of your Central Market. If so, it is likely that you are using a mod that is causing that. Please let us know which mods you are using, the versions and load order. Also, it would help if you could send us a picture of your market with the inventory open. 

Here are the mods I use, in the order they appear in the in-game mod list.

Bakery Plus

Inedible Beef

Inedible Bison Meat

Inedible Charki

Inedible Cheval

Inedible Mutton

Inedible Pork

Inedible Venison
<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Hot Crops

Inedible Barley

Inedible Butter

Inedible Canola

Inedible Coffee Beans

Inedible Cream

Inedible Flour

Inedible Oats

Inedible Rye

Inedible Sorghum

Inedible Sunflowers

Inedible Tulips

Inedible Wheat

Jade Quarry

Marble Quarry

D20 Medieval Houses

Happiness Radius

Legalized Marijuana

Renewable Resources beta 2

Unhappiness Radius

RoadBound
<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>: 1.76 Journey

Tunnel Mine (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> version)

Pirate Cove

Build Monument

Tropical Greenhouse

Tighter Roads Extended Edition

And a screenshot of what I'm talking about, using lumber as the example.  In this screenshot it's been about two in-game years since I built anything with lumber or produced any lumber.  Every now and then some will go back into the stockpile, but then it will get almost completely grabbed back into the marketplace again.  The same thing happens with heating resources, furnace fuel, clay and sand, as well as the basic materials like logs and stone and iron ore.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_08/242920_20180803013752_1.thumb.png.24f744ced6aa6aa8f3e3a78dc94b32dd.png[/img]

Keep certain things out of the market buildings. - Harb1ngerOne - 09-27-2018

I know this thread is a bit old, but I was going to post one of similar nature.

It would be *really* nice to have some sort of "exceptions" list for markets where you could prevent certain item classifications from being stored by the market (or even specific items!). It really is annoying to use the central market for an area that is a "residential" area, and have items that should be in my "industry district" stocked all the way over there on the other side of the map.