BlackLiquid Forums
Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Colonial Charter Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? (/showthread.php?tid=1915)

Pages: 1 2

Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - bestistbuddy - 01-10-2020

I just started playing with Colonial Charter and WOW! what a difference it makes to Banished. I feel like I'm playing a whole new game. However, now I'm confused. I've got pastures and don't know which buildings to add. What is the difference between the Old Dairy, Dairy Parlour and Milking Barn?  Do I need to add all three, or just one? If one, which one is the better one? Also, do I need the animal Pens - where do they fit in?

RE: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - stiles - 01-12-2020

(01-10-2020, 06:15 PM)bestistbuddy Wrote: I just started playing with Colonial Charter and WOW! what a difference it makes to Banished. I feel like I'm playing a whole new game. However, now I'm confused. I've got pastures and don't know which buildings to add. What is the difference between the Old Dairy, Dairy Parlour and Milking Barn?  Do I need to add all three, or just one? If one, which one is the better one? Also, do I need the animal Pens - where do they fit in?

don't need to add any. what do you want to produce??

the old dairy worked good,it gives cheese,butter,and cream all at the same time. the creamery gives a choice,so you get 1 items as output. some will give a yogurt option. so it depends what you need as the output.

not all bakeries need butter either. try different things to see which works for you. this is why i advise new players to make a list of what they want to see added to the game before they start adding any mods. as you see there are many many options and it is easy to get confused or lose sight of your goals.

RE: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - bestistbuddy - 01-13-2020

Thanks for your reply stiles. I only play with the colonial charter mod. I haven't added the mega mod or any other. So haven't seen a creamery. There are so many buildings and some seem to do the same thing. I added the Old Dairy so I can make the butter etc, but not sure what the Dairy Parlour or the milking barn does. I wanted to produce milk and found the animal pens do that. So confused to the purpose of or need for the milking barn and Dairy parlour? Sorry to be such a dough head about this, I wish there was more detailed information on these buildings. I certainly appreciate any information you can give me.

RE: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - Vrayna - 01-13-2020

The Milking Barn will produce milk. The Dairy Parlour will transform that milk. The major difference between it and the old dairy is how it looks. The Milking barn will produce more milk than an milk pen. If you want the same amount of milk, you'll use fewer workers with the barn than the pens. You could also simply have a pasture with the right cows (friesians if I remember right) to get milk, plus a bit of meat/leather when the pasture is full and the older animals start getting slaughtered.

A lot of the choices are based on what you can afford to build at the time, and what fits best in your town, and efficiency.

RE: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - bestistbuddy - 01-14-2020

Thanks Vrayna, good to know the Old Dairy and the Dairy Parlour are the same with a different look. Now I understand that the milking barn is just a large version (does the same) as the Milk Pen. I did wonder about the pasture for the black and white cows. I Wasn't sure if milk would be produced just from the pasture. I had a pasture of sheep and no wool was produced. (like it was in the original banished) so I had to build a wool pen.

I am loving the new Colonial Charter mod. Thanks for your help Smile

RE: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - stiles - 01-14-2020

1 of them probably is the creamery. the milking barn might be from Necora's c rystal cliff's mod. they might have added it over. isn't the latest CC journey or is there a newer version? if it is the pen from Necora's mods,it has to be fed grain to produce milk. it also needs domesticated animals to build it.

i am using RKEC from WOB<world of banished> and building railroads in my current map. been a little while since i used the CCJ mod.

RE: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - bestistbuddy - 01-15-2020

Hi stiles, I just recently downloaded Journey CC so it is the latest.. I don't usually play with mods (past nightmare experiences in other games with mods), but after playing vanilla banished and got totally bored I decided to try the CC mod. Now I'm overwhelmed LOL.

The small milking, egg and wool pens must have 4 Domestic Animals each in order to produce and don't need to be fed grain. The one that needs grain and keeps producing domestic animals is the stable. Personally, I can't see the point in domestic animals, except maybe for trade and to get the initial small pens set up. The stable needs 12 domestic animals to build..... I can't find one even with the shepherd! So if I can get eggs from chicken pastures and milk from black/white cow pastures, I only need the wool pen.

I see the Journey CC has trains and train stations... blows my mind trying to think of all the possibilities in this "new game". Before I can even go there, I need to figure out all the new buildings and what they do and which ones do the same thing. Same with the animals, why would I want a pasture of deer? The hunter gets all the venison and leather from the wild ones. And horses... I love horses and can't imagine eating them LOL So much to learn. That's why I appreciate all the information I get from everyones replies. Much appreciated. Smile

RE: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - stiles - 01-15-2020

yes the CC J can be overwhelming with all the production chains. you basically doubled the sized of the game with 1 mod. good way to get used to it before switching to other mods for sure. if it gets too much pop over to WOB and load the RKEC. it is similar as far as materials, but the production chains are less complex. it also has different wild animals than just deer. the building styles are different than the CC.

there is a stable barn that u feed grain to that produces the domestic animals.

RE: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - bestistbuddy - 01-15-2020

Thanks, I'll check that out. Can I load the RKEC with CC J and just turn off CC or do I have to start over with a new map?

RE: Milking Barn, Old Dairy, Parlour? - stiles - 01-16-2020

you would need to start a new map. i wouldn't recommend you to try it yet.get used to the CC and all the various icon buttons and the production chains 1st.

it can be done with the RKEC above the CC in the mod order. as you start adding more mods they can conflict and the mod order becomes important. with 2 mods it is easy to figure out. i normally have about 125+ mods in a game.

as you play with the CC,you'll get a better idea of what you want for your game. with banished, you can basically build your own game.