BlackLiquid Forums
Cannot run MegaMod at all - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General MegaMod Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Cannot run MegaMod at all (/showthread.php?tid=180)

Pages: 1 2

Cannot run MegaMod at all - Lord Vetinari - 09-17-2018

Hi everybody. I'm new to the forums, but I've been playing Banished and Colonial Charter for a while. After a somewhat long hiatus with Banished, I felt the itch to play it coming back, I discovered this MegaMod and wanted to try it.

I don't know if this is a bug (unlikely) or a trouble with my own situation, so I make a new topic rather than posting in the bug reports. I can't run the mod in any way. When I try to enable the three files, Banished (Steam version, btw, in case it's important) first hangs up on a black screen during the restart process, then crashes.

I tried to enable <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> only, I even tried to remove the files of the toher mods altogether. Nothing helps. Any suggestion?

Cannot run MegaMod at all - Ketchup - 09-17-2018

all 3 ? did you tried to load just the 1st one or the 2nd or the 3rd part ?

what is your computer ? video card, OS, RAM, directX ?

Cannot run MegaMod at all - estherhb - 09-17-2018

Are you using the most recent version of Banished - v. 1.0.7? Make sure you are using the current version of MegaMod which is 8.01 - there are older versions on Steam that you need to avoid. If so, all of the mods you use must be compatible with that. It is safer to only use mods that have specifically been modified or made to work with that version.  When you make any changes to your in-game mod list, be sure to exit Banished completely before going in and starting a new game.  At first, I would definitely only try loading MegaMod and disable all of your other mods. Make sure the 3 files are in order (1,2,3).  Depending on your system, it could take 10 minutes or more for it to load because it is HUGE.  I find that switching to DX 11 makes it load faster. Others find DX 9 is better (11 causes crashes).  

If that just won't work, try loading something smaller but still big such as Colonial Charter 1.76 and see if your computer can run that. (You don't want to use it with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> because it is included.) 

Let us know if you're successful!

Cannot run MegaMod at all - Ralf - 09-24-2018

I'm having the same issues. After not having played Banished for a long time, I played it today with all my old mods, including Megamod 0.06. It worked fine, until I decided I wanted my mods up to date. I was very excited to find out about this new Megamod, so I downloaded it when I found it. That's when my troubles began. The game simply wouldn't load. I tried re-installing the game, unsubscribing from all workshop items, verifying the integrity of local files, the whole shebang. Just now I got into the opening screen of the game with Megamod (no other mods installed or subscribed), and it allowed me to start a new map, but while loading that it crashed and I got the message that "A fatal access violation has occurred in d3d11.dll"

I have 1.0.7 (Steam version) running on a Windows 10 pc, i5 7400 (3 GHz), 8 GB RAM

Cannot run MegaMod at all - E'Leez - 01-21-2019

Same issue here MegaMod 8.1 not show up at all in the Mod UI when I log in.  I read comments above about the size and the possibility of it taking a while to load.  Confusing for me as I am completely new to Mods for Banished.  Are you saying after I copy and past it into the windata folder it will a long time to load into the game before it shows in the list.  If so does that mean I need to open Run Banished and leave it running while it loads the Mod?

Cannot run MegaMod at all - Ketchup - 01-22-2019

yeah. on some pc if you can go surf during that time.... it speeds up things.

Cannot run MegaMod at all - E'Leez - 01-22-2019

I put the MegaMod 8.1 in the windata folder and opened Bannished to the Mods and left open for several hours while I slept.  Woke up and still not showing in the Mod section.

Cannot run MegaMod at all - Ketchup - 01-22-2019

wait wut ?

not showing in the mod section ?

lets try this again. i want you to go in your windata folder and tell me the complete name of all files and all the folders there...

did you unzipped it ? did you unzipped it and put in another folder  like \windata\colonialcharter\ ?

Cannot run MegaMod at all - estherhb - 01-22-2019

Make sure the current version of Banished - v 1.0.7 build 170910.  The version is shown at the bottom of the opening screen.

As Red Ketchup says, you must extract the 3 .pkm files from the .rar file you downloaded using a program you already may have that willl do that or one like 7-Zip (which can be obtained free from the internet). The 3 .pkm files need to be moved into your Banished > WinData folder; they can't be in a subfolder.  The WinData folder must contain 4 other files: data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg. 

When you open Banished, the 3 MegaMod files should appear in Mods. It shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes to get to the opening menu.  Make sure the 3 files are in the correct order (1, 2, 3), and check each one. Then exit the game completely before starting a new game. That will help prevent crashes.

If you are completely new to mods in Banished, I would recommend that you start by using something that isn't as complex (and HUGE) as MegaMod which includes Colonial Charter 1.76 plus 200 or so additional mods.. Since you are on the BlackLiquid forum, of course I would recommend Colonial Charter 1.76, but Red Ketchup's Editor's Choice (RKEC) mod is really nice too plus there's a "light" version you might want to try 1st. Both <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 and RKEC are available on the Steam Workshop (if you use Steam) or <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 can be downloaded from here and RKEC can be downloaded from WorldofBanished.com. 

Cannot run MegaMod at all - perer20 - 01-23-2019

<font style="vertical-align:inherit;"><font style="vertical-align:inherit;">ММ работает с около 100 новыми модами и никаких проблем!</font></font>