BlackLiquid Forums
Introductions & Updates - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Read First & Introductions (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Introductions & Updates (/showthread.php?tid=1785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Introductions & Updates - stiles - 12-14-2016

uwe dont speak WIZARD" cause we get frustrated and tired of fighting the comp gremlins. cause we'd have no time to play the game either then. cause the enviromentalists got mad for us throwing all our comps away after we got frustrated. cause comps are haunted and we dont talk like priests...........

Introductions & Updates - Sassem - 12-16-2016

Hello from Holland

Sassem here longtime lurker of the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> forums and a  Banished/<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> enthusiastic  +800 hrs playtime

ps  i heard about  plans  of a totally new banished  style game in development is that still going on?

I will also take this opportunity  to thank the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> modders and testers that did stick tons of hours in testing/coding/designing  and all the people that came with all the good ideas for this

you guys are the reason that  i still playing this game

Introductions & Updates - Necora - 12-20-2016

Hello all. I realized I never really introduce myself on forums, I just lurk in the shadows and ask a question every now and then when I get stuck. I've been a bit more active here, and am trying to put together my own mod, so thought I'd officially say hi. Hi! 

I'm a 20 something (very soon to be 30 something) dude living in Nova Scotia, Canada, although I have only been here for a couple of years. I'm originally from Portsmouth UK. I've been playing these city building games since sim city something, really got into SC4, but then kinda stopped playing games around the time Simpeg disappeared. I was a long time lurker on the Simtropolis and Simpeg sites and one bored winter day remembered seeing a topic on Simpeg about Banished. Lucky enough it was on offer on Steam so I decided to give it a go. I lasted about a day before getting <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and have not turned back. I gotta say though, I would have given up with the game a long time ago if it was not for the mods BL and co have produced, and the community that grows around them. IMO if is <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and the guys over at WOB who make the game worth playing.

After having a go at modding myself, I gotta tip my hat to you guys. Some serious effort goes into this, so kudos to you all.

IRL I am a marine biologist who loves doing anything outdoors, which is good really because the long cold winter nights are a great excuse to get lost in Banished!

Introductions & Updates - Vrayna - 12-21-2016

*waves wildly*

Hi everyone! I'm still Vrayna, I'm still very French, still rather crazy (in a goof goofy way of course) and still addicted to chocolate.

I finally made my way over here from the old forum. I took a bit of a detour on the way for health reasons, but now I'm back! Let's have cake to celebrate!

Introductions & Updates - Adit - 12-27-2016

<p style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">
Hello everyone.

<p style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">
I'm Adit from indonesia, i like to play city building game like banished and still don't know what to do after graduate from collage.

Introductions & Updates - QueryEverything - 12-27-2016

Quote:
On 11/23/2016 at 8:41 AM, ShockPuppet said:

I live in Australia with my pet doggo Stevie. I enjoy city building and base building games. I also enjoy turn based strategy of all kinds.

Woohoo ...  Excuse my joy for a moment but I rarely see Aussie's gaming.  I know it's big & there are many of us but I rarely come across Aussie gamers, let alone ones that mod!!

I'm from Victoria, Australia.  I've crossed to the darkside by turning 40 sometime recently, I'm female & married with a husband; I have a 15yr old son. (argh).

I have a lot of animals and love them all to bits.  Cats, dogs & a sheep!  

I have worked a lot on different forums, managing my own & my husband's business one for many years, I have been in gaming ever since I can remember, even so far back as the old ColecoVision, I even married a software dev!  Haha!  I don't code & I don't mod, but I think the world of those that do, without the modders we never have the chocolate chips to our vanilla pudding!  

Enjoy the rest of the Christmas break. 

Introductions & Updates - Yupi - 12-29-2016

Hello to everyone, you can call me Yupi. I love photography and I am in love in this game. I'm from little European country, Serbia. 

Introductions & Updates - KevinTheCynic - 12-29-2016

To all the new members Hello and Welcome [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Introductions & Updates - Azure Lyrrix - 12-29-2016

Hi Y'all! 

Okay... now that we've gotten the stereotypical southern USA greeting out of the way, I'm Azure Lyrrix. I loved Banished when it came out, but stopped playing after a few months. 

Then Keralis started playing with the MegaMod so I re-downloaded the base game. From there I discovered the shared playthrough by NobleRambler, Vaypah Gaming, and Nightghost49. After watching a couple episodes, I knew I had to start playing with the MegaMod... so here I am. I'll probably ask a bunch of questions and make some suggestions here and there if I find something I'd like to have or think would work well with other features.

I've been playing for a couple days, getting used to the mods, and thus far I've avoided cheating in buildings... although I'm tempted to create a start based around the Old Castle storage building.

Here's my current build "Runnewing" (in which I've learned that 10x18 fields are much more effective than 11x11.) Runnewing City (Imgur Image Upload)

Introductions & Updates - KevinTheCynic - 12-29-2016

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9639-azure-lyrrix/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9639" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9639-azure-lyrrix/">@Azure Lyrrix</a> Do you know about the Size Calculator for Banished found at the Banished Info site? It lists the output values for various sizes of pasture, crop and orchard fields. You drag your cursor over the grid provided and the info box tells you the production output, number of workers or number of animals and so on.

I've found that you need to experiment a little with some sizes if you use certain mods (such as Colonial Charter) because they change the density of the field (for example, the dense orchard from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> has its best land use and production when made as a 5x15 field - that's not to say it has the best food production, I've found that this size is a good food producer without any wasted land use).

http://banishedinfo.com/t/Size_calculator/crops