BlackLiquid Forums
Introductions & Updates - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Read First & Introductions (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Introductions & Updates (/showthread.php?tid=1785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Introductions & Updates - KevinTheCynic - 11-28-2016

Quote:
1 minute ago, ShockPuppet said:

I played Transport Tycoon in high school obsessively. TTD was the only game I played for at least a year, followed by Ascendancy. In HS I had binged on Master of Orion, Civilization, UFO Enemy Unknown and Populous. So many great games. I miss being of that age where all I could do is play games with my friends on holidays, feels like a lifetime ago.

Hehehe, I can understand the feeling, I got bitten by the video game bug when a friend introduced me to the Super Nintendo console with Syndicate and the original X-Com. And then I found the Sim City on the NIntendo and my love of city building games began. I actually "chucked a sickie"*
the day after I first played Sim City so that I could spend the entire day playing it before returning the cartridge from the rental store I got it from.

I never saw a lot of computer games when they were released because I wasn't involved with computers much at the time so I completely missed games like Transport Tycoon. My first railroad game was Chris Sawyer's Locomotion and then the game Transport Giant (and then later the earlier released Industry Giant by the same publisher). I've tended to judge any potential new railway games based on my experience with those two games because they gave me the one thing that many other railway simulation games did not - the ability to build the transport network (sort of like the way you build up a town in a city builder game)

<font color="#ff0000"><b>* </b></font>"Chucked a sickie" is Australian slang for taking a day off from work by claiming to be ill.

Introductions & Updates - MystiTsu - 11-28-2016

Just in case no one mentioned it, welcome to all our new members and welcome back to all our returning friends.  I haven't gotten into using the MegaMod myself (yeah i know, part of BL and still haven't even tried this LOL) but it looks so overwhelming.  And I really wanna get back into my youtube series.  Hopefully I will do.  

Introductions & Updates - paulojl - 11-29-2016

Hi! Glad to see the site up and running again.

I'm 44 and i am from Portugal.

I like to play strategy games but i don't have too much time to play [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is an amazing mod and with the Help of the all others modders the Mega Mode made banished a really nice way to spend some time.

Great job you all.

Introductions & Updates - Canemane - 11-29-2016

Hi everyone,

my name is Boris, i am 37y and from Croatia. Massive thanks and praises to everyone involved in modding this lovely game. I mostly play strategy and city building games but i mostly loose interest quickly cause there is always something missing or it gets repetative. Thats why for the last 10 years i mostly play Total war Medieval and Rome mods which are still being developed after 10+ years and are incredible.

And then i ran into little game called Banished. And i fell in love. I have been playing it whatever chance i get, so in to it that i never bothered to check if there are some mods even though i dreamed of more options and decorations. And then a month ago i found the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. Oh what a joy!!!!

Again thanks to all the modders, hope one day i'll find some time and help myself, but right now all the free time i have is spent building qays and docks. 

Introductions & Updates - thethirdapple - 11-29-2016

greetings,

Super happy to play this game ! Really sweet to have a sandbox type game where objectives are not predetermined, a huge part of the fun is storytelling.

My partner loves the music and laughed for days when the system generated the town name of Wyominot ! But simply can't deal with all the snow and rain:  "ITS ALWAYS RAINING !!!"

Great site and feels like a really vibrant community for this game. And a huge thanks to those developing all these mods !

Im an old school gamer, enjoy skateboarding and have been a multimedia producer and 3D content creator for far too long.

Introductions & Updates - Hawk - 11-30-2016

Howdy Folks!

I just got Banished a couple of days ago from GOG and I'm really enjoying this game.

Even though I'm running it on an XP 32-bit rig, it runs surprisingly well.

Thought I'd stop by here and check out some of the mods available.

Hawk

Introductions & Updates - Nordy - 11-30-2016

Hey gang new member here, picked up the game when it went on sale for black Friday 2016 loving it pretty much addicted and now I am addicted to the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mod...outstanding work please keep it coming!

Introductions & Updates - wisco - 12-02-2016

Hi, I'm a 40-year old male from a little town called As, in Belgium (also little ). I live on my own in a small appartement. I like city-building games and simulation games.  Right now I'm playing Transport Fever. But still, nothing can beat Banished!

Introductions & Updates - antonygoldrick - 12-03-2016

Hello everyone.  Been playing various versions and mods for the last two months so thought I would join and say hi.

Im 45, live in Manchester (northern city) in England.  I'm partnered and have two dogs.  Work in I.T and love this game.

Been playing on computers and games since 1982 (ZX81) and not looked back.

Just like to say a big thanks to the team(s) for producing such a fine mods and giving me additional reason not to leave the house...lol

Brilliant Game, Brilliant Mods, Brilliant Attitudes . . . Antony

Introductions & Updates - Abandoned - 12-03-2016

Hi there, I'm a senior citizen for north central USA.  I got Banished from GOG shortly after it first came out but couldn't play it on my desktop, only on my husband's laptop, so I abandoned the game until he got a new laptop.  We play Heroes of Might & Magic IV hot seat.  I like other Might & Magic games, Settlers, Colonization, Stronghold, The Sims, and many others.  I returned to Banished recently and found many mods had been made.  So I have been trying them in small groups on small maps and writing stories and posting them on worldofbanished village blog. I have a lot of mods still to try, including latest <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.  Enjoying great game, great mods, and great community.