BlackLiquid Forums
Introductions & Updates - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Read First & Introductions (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Introductions & Updates (/showthread.php?tid=1785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Introductions & Updates - Wakehead - 02-29-2020

Banished seems to be my go to building/management game. Especially with Colonial Charter. I'm hoping to get the mods right by subscribing here.

Regards.

Introduction - RykaSyn - 04-19-2020

Hello, all.

We're an engaged couple who are getting into modding banished.
Steam forums pointed here.

We're going to start with a simple limiter on how much each house inventory can contain, (working title - Anti-hoarder)
Then we're going to try a multi-use building mod that combines the woodcutter and house.
Once those goes off well, we plan on starting work on a mod that makes tiny villages reasonable and balanced. 
Hopefully, we'll have a nice overhaul that we can be proud of.

This is our first modding adventure, so any help would be super appriciated.

RE: Introduction - stiles - 04-19-2020

(04-19-2020, 01:02 PM)RykaSyn Wrote: Hello, all.

We're an engaged couple who are getting into modding banished.
Steam forums pointed here.

We're going to start with a simple limiter on how much each house inventory can contain, (working title - Anti-hoarder)
Then we're going to try a multi-use building mod that combines the woodcutter and house.
Once those goes off well, we plan on starting work on a mod that makes tiny villages reasonable and balanced. 
Hopefully, we'll have a nice overhaul that we can be proud of.

This is our first modding adventure, so any help would be super appriciated.

if you need modding tips ,check out WOB-world of banished. there is some info pages there to help.

RE: Introductions & Updates - Chris Pearson - 04-23-2020

Hey hey everyone, jumping back into banished after a few years going to try modded this time.

RE: Introductions & Updates - jennin24 - 04-23-2020

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've been a long time fan and player of CC. I'm not a huge gamer but Banished is usually my go to game when I do want to play. I live in the US and looking forward to reading the forums.

RE: Introductions & Updates - Jason Carl - 04-25-2020

Morning all. Not only am I new to Colonial Charter, I have only had banished for a week. Thought I'd upgrade straight away.  I'm Jay and live in the UK.

Under the lockdown conditions, thought I'd do something I haven't done in years; sit down and play a game. I used to play city builders back in the day of populous and early versions of settlers.

Any links to getting started guides would be fantastic. Many thanks

RE: Introductions & Updates - Vrayna - 04-25-2020

Welcome to the madness!

I'd honestly recommend getting a good grip on Banished without mods before adding mods. It's a great idea to get used to how much people eat (100 food a year), how important it is to pay attention to walking distances between housing/workplaces/storage and the house-building rythm to keep your town growing at a reasonanble speed before you dive into the tons of stuff added by CC! Wink

Jump into the forum further down to ask detailed questions if/when you hit a moment of "but why is everyone dead?" confusion.

RE: Introductions & Updates - Jason Carl - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 01:38 AM)Vrayna Wrote: Welcome to the madness!

I'd honestly recommend getting a good grip on Banished without mods before adding mods. It's a great idea to get used to how much people eat (100 food a year), how important it is to pay attention to walking distances between housing/workplaces/storage and the house-building rythm to keep your town growing at a reasonanble speed before you dive into the tons of stuff added by CC! Wink

Jump into the forum further down to ask detailed questions if/when you hit a moment of "but why is everyone dead?" confusion.
Thanks. Before checking for replies, I had jumped straight in with CC. To be fair, I'm getting on quite well. I have quite a few production chains going and loads of food stored before my population explodes.

RE: Introductions & Updates - shadowpitched - 05-19-2020

Hi, all! I played Banished a couple of years ago with Colonial Charter added on. Unfortunately, my drive died and I lost a very lovely town that I had been working on for some time. I hadn't played Banished since then, but I was reminded by GOG that I still have this game and never got to finish my town that I had tried so hard to give a good start to. So I'm back to re-download Colonial Charter again and try to give another town a go.

RE: Introductions & Updates - TomasJerry - 08-05-2020

Hey! Hello all! I'm Jerry!
Glad to be here!!!!