BlackLiquid Forums
Introductions & Updates - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Read First & Introductions (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Introductions & Updates (/showthread.php?tid=1785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Introductions & Updates - Tom Thumb - 07-04-2018

Hi all,

Uni student from NZ, always been interested in military strategy games. Got gifted Banished and have been loving it. Recently realised that there are mods and that they are awesome (looking at you, colonial charter... nice job guys).

Interested in learning how to make mods for banished, I have some ideas of things I'd like to try...

Only on 100hr game time so still learning heaps ?

Introductions & Updates - Ketchup - 07-04-2018

welcome in banished [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Introductions & Updates - Xaosmaster - 07-19-2018

Hello all.  Here from Orlando, FL.  45 years old.  Been a gamer since Pong.  PC gamer since King's Quest I.

Registered here in order to understand Megamod.  I have lots of annoying questions to ask [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Introductions & Updates - Goblin Girl - 07-19-2018

Quote:
43 minutes ago, Xaosmaster said:

Hello all.  Here from Orlando, FL.  45 years old.  Been a gamer since Pong.  PC gamer since King's Quest I.

Registered here in order to understand Megamod.  I have lots of annoying questions to ask [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I started with King's Quest myself!

Introductions & Updates - soupcan - 07-24-2018

Hello!  I also am from Orlando.  I started with King's Quest II.

I purchased and played banished a few years ago but got bored and went back to Dwarf Fortress.  I'm trying Banished again and am just starting with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

Thanks for your work!

Soupcan

Introductions & Updates - BLACK JACK - 07-31-2018

Hello everyone, Black jack here from Brazil, 36 years old, playing all kinds of games, but mainly RTS, builders of cities and strategy in general.

Introductions & Updates - Ketchup - 07-31-2018

Hi Blackjack !

Introductions & Updates - Frances - 08-06-2018

<p style="margin-bottom:0in;">
Thank you all for kind welcome. I enjoy Banished - modded - even with its trial and error approach to learning to play well.

@Banished: Play Colonial Charter 175 (now 176) with minor mods added, mainly additional bridges, and the larger families mod.  Most recently I came across Red Ketchup's Editor's Choice - trying the FULL version (loaded before <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>) as I am enthralled with the canal options and green houses. One question: is there a summary anywhere of the new buildings, production chains introduced by Editor's Choice? I've looked - nada.

@ me: Just retired from helping professional career. Upstate NY, (Canadian border), considering moving to NYC, as I am finally (finally!! yea!!) doing what I love, writing screen plays. Five done so far. One screen play is a sequel - novel and episodic versions also partially done.

@ other games I play and/or mod (fairly often):

Children of the Nile (sandbox like Banished). Like the H.O.R.U.S graphic mod.

Elder Scroll games: Morrowind - Cyrodiil ("typically called "Oblivion") - Skyrim.

Fallout: 2, 3, New Vegas, 4 (took my graduate degree in Boston - so 4 is quite nostalgic).

Universe.

Fallen Enchantress.

Europa Universalis.

Two older games I played that I feel were (are) outstanding:

Torment.

Mask of the Betrayer.

I hope this is sufficient for an introduction to these forums.

Introductions & Updates - axhed - 08-29-2018

hello. first off, frances you forgot to tell us what you eat for breakfast. i eat lunch for breakfast. 

i'm 99% sure i bought banished the week of release. after a couple false starts, in the last week i've gotten 83% of the acheivements. just wanna finish up the hard ones before i dig in to colonial charter. 

i like to listen to otava yo, falkenbach, and skalmold while i play banished, hexcells infinite, they are billions, yadda yadda yadda. 

also, i'm dying to know where you pulled my avatar from. kinda happy i don't have to dig through old hard drives to find it again. 

Introductions & Updates - ajojenjo - 08-31-2018

Hello everyone, here from Spain, 36 years old. I love Banished, and I love megamod.