BlackLiquid Forums
Introductions & Updates - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Read First & Introductions (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Introductions & Updates (/showthread.php?tid=1785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Introductions & Updates - SnowMoon - 11-14-2017

Hello everyone, I live in Canada. I've enjoyed Banished off and on for a few years now. It was exciting to see the latest version Journey was available and that got me playing again. Thanks to the Devs for your passion and hard work! Cheers!

Introductions & Updates - Brandice1980 - 11-16-2017

Hello:

I am a native Texan now living in Illinois.  I fell in love with banish due to the old school ideal and creating villages.  I love the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mod and the mega mods the most, but the mega mod crashes my game a lot.  I hope to see a full on druid set come out soon.  I have been playing simulation games since I was a teen and now that I am in my late 30s, I still cant get enough.  Thank you for the awesome mods and hope to see more in the future.

Introductions & Updates - picmaster - 11-24-2017

Hi,

I live in England in an area called The Quantocks in Somerset.

I have been playing all sorts of games over the years but since I discovered Banished it’s become one of my firm favourites.

Looking forward to trying out all the various mods

Introductions & Updates - N_K - 12-01-2017

Hey everyone,

I finally picked up Banished during this past Thanksgiving Steam sale, but I've been interested in the game for well over a year. I decided to take the plunge due to recently discovering its active modding community.

As for my own background, I'm from the Western US. I suppose I'm best known on the Internet as Exurbanite, an asset creator for Cities: Skylines...another game that I only play because of its huge modding scene. I have a passion for city builders since I'm an architecture student with a focus on historic preservation, so being able to create organic and highly detailed villages in Banished is very entertaining. Right now I'm only using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, EB's village assets, and a few other things including buildings from The North, and so far it's highly addicting.

My only critique about the game so far is the lack of diagonal placement of buildings and the lack of true diagonal/curved paths. Idk if this limitation is hard-coded, but it's unfortunate that a game this great doesn't possess such a core feature of city-builders. 

Also, I hope MegaMod gets an update soon. Seems like a lot of great content in there. 

Introductions & Updates - stiles - 12-01-2017

you can check WOB  <world of banished > there are some diagnal sets. the rowhouse has a lot of diagnal houses.

Introductions & Updates - HappyBubu - 12-04-2017

Hello all and thank you for having me here. I'm pretty new to Banished. I found about it by chance a couple of weeks ago, while browsing videos on Cities Skyline. Banished was mentioned in a comment, bought it and bamm I fell in love with it immediately!

I live in England but I was born in a country way way warmer... When I see my poor citizens endure the horrid weather I feel like one of them [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I always had a preference for moddable games, I truly enjoy to see the creativity at work.

Introductions & Updates - Ketchup - 12-05-2017

Welcome on BL forum !

Introductions & Updates - Talvi - 12-14-2017

Hi all. I'm an American living in Finland for the last 10 years. My husband just introduced me to Banished and I am utterly hooked. While the kids are at school, I'm playing Banished. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> I usually only play RPGs and The Sims so this is a new kind of game for me. Loving it. The <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mod really brought it to life. I just need to stop getting ahead of myself and expanding my city before it's ready. I keep sending poor builders to their deaths. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

Introductions & Updates - KevinTheCynic - 12-19-2017

Welcome to all the new members.

Great to see so many people finding Banished and this forum [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Introductions & Updates - JDTucker - 12-27-2017

JDTucker a father of 3 and still just wanna game.