BlackLiquid Forums
Introductions & Updates - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Read First & Introductions (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Introductions & Updates (/showthread.php?tid=1785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Introductions & Updates - mistibreault - 07-07-2017

Hello to everyone.

I live in Texas with my husband. He just looks amused and shakes his head at me when I tell him I'm building towns! lol

I've been playing Banished for a couple of months now. I was about to give up the original game when I stumbled on this amazing thing called "mods"! So, looked up what mods were (not much of a gamer I guess!) and now the game is so much more entertaining! Love the Colonial Charter.

Introductions & Updates - KevinTheCynic - 07-07-2017

Welcome <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18264-mistibreault/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="18264" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18264-mistibreault/">@mistibreault</a> to the site and to "Banished reimagined". The mods add so much extra content that I found it was like playing an entirely different game. I tried to go back and play it without any mods... I didn't last long!

Introductions & Updates - heliostellar - 07-13-2017

Hello, I'm new here. Long time strategy game player and Steam has been advertising Banished to me for a long time now. I wish I'd known about this game sooner. It's sooo addictive!

Introductions & Updates - Shigakuru_Z - 07-17-2017

I am new here. Just joined.I am Going to try to see if i can do some modding.Wish me luck

Introductions & Updates - Dalcyone - 07-21-2017

Hi folks. Posted previously to the boards because I thought the long load time of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> meant I'd broken my game. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> Fortunately not the case, as board posters were able to tell me. Now I'm addicted to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> like so many others here. Nice to meet you all.

Introductions & Updates - stiles - 07-21-2017

welcome to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. did you check out WOB also? worldofbanished. load times varry so much from comp to comp. you can try using your task manager and turn off programs you are not using.i also disable autosaves.

Introductions & Updates - KevinTheCynic - 07-21-2017

Quote:
9 hours ago, Dalcyone said:

Hi folks. Posted previously to the boards because I thought the long load time of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> meant I'd broken my game. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> Fortunately not the case, as board posters were able to tell me. Now I'm addicted to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> like so many others here. Nice to meet you all.

Hi Dalcyone, welcome to the site. Yeah the long load times were a source of concern for a few of us as we added more and more mods to the load order, particularly with all the extra material that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> was adding. Glad to see you've found the workaround because it makes such a difference to the loading time. I just wish I could use the Alt+Tab trick on Cities: Skylines to get that to load faster (unfortunately it seems to load every mod one after the other or something like that so the load time can be 20=30 minutes if you have too many mods... which, of course, I do!)

Introductions & Updates - KevinTheCynic - 07-21-2017

Quote:
On 7/18/2017 at 9:45 AM, Shigakuru_Z said:

I am new here. Just joined.I am Going to try to see if i can do some modding.Wish me luck

Welcome to the forums and good luck for your modding. There are people here who are happy to answer questions about modding if you ever need and assistance.

Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Introductions & Updates - QueryEverything - 07-21-2017

Hiya & welcome to all the new members [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  It's a pleasure to see you all here.

I'm <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a>, Query, QE - I will answer to most things, and whilst I am not your hostess, I am someone you can ask information from.  I check the boards on a regular basis and help out where I can.  Sometimes I don't know an answer, but I will say so - other times, I'll happily troubleshoot with you.  

I'm not a member of the BL team, but I am avid gamer, and I love the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> & <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mods that BL have produced, so I spend a lot of my time here and on 1 other Banished based forum, so you will see quite a few posts from me - feel free to tag me, to do so, it's easy:  @ QueryEverything, but no space.  As soon as you start typing the @ a little drop down box will happen, so as you start typing the @ Qu etc the name will just pop up, click on that, and voila, I am tagged and I get a notification I'm needed. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Please post screenshots - not an official request, just a general curiosity - the players here love seeing other villages, I know I do, and if you take screenshots of your village, please post them, don't be shy [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> There are so many different ways players play the game, and we learn so much from each other, and screenshots show that.

Or - lurk.  That's ok too [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  We have quite a few people here that are 'long time lurkers', or, as a lot of them say when they post:  "First-time post, long time lurker", and that's quite ok too [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18668-shigakuru_z/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="18668" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18668-shigakuru_z/">@Shigakuru_Z</a> have you managed to get anywhere with your modding?  There are quite a few excellent modders around, and they are all exceptional and have an abundance of patience if you have questions. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  If you have, and you've already posted, I'm sorry. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />  I'll catch up, hahaha!

Enjoy the forums all [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  & again, welcome!!

Introductions & Updates - XsCode - 07-28-2017

How time flies...  It's actually been YEARS since I last played <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Banished or posted in a BL forum.

I still remember my joy when Shock revealed the (back then) new flowerbeds and half grass hedges... I mean my little clan could not see out their windows with the high hedges, I was extremely relieved....  It's amazing how far you guys have come. 

Sooo... I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa. Betcha that's a first around here.

My games addiction started about 34 years ago at the age of 10 when I discovered a pacman arcade coin machine in the local corner shop and has never relented since that day.... I play absolutely everything except sports and racing games... being a woman and all...  and anything that feels like a "girl-game" bores me to death.  My favs are RPGs (BIG two handed swords), city building games and lately survival games has ruined my social life.  Let me not forget to mention the 4 months I only left the house to go to work... because.... Skyrim (again, BIG two handed swords).... I'm starting to spot a trend.

Anyhoo there's the 14 year old cat named Tequila, master of the universe.

Since I felt a major city building craze for the first time in years and just discovered the update Journey, I'll be off then.