BlackLiquid Forums
Introductions & Updates - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Read First & Introductions (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Introductions & Updates (/showthread.php?tid=1785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Introductions & Updates - MightyMouse - 05-19-2017

Hi all,

Just signed up as I am about to purchase Banished on Steam, however saw lots and lots of references to using mods to make it much better. Now A) I am not used to mods so don't know much about them, B) not sure on whether I should be looking at the Megamod or <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and C) I know I will enjoy and lose hundreds of hours to vanilla game (even though yet to purchase) so am I completely barking mad!!! D) should I just play vanilla 1st and mod later to get full game xp??? thoughts welcome.

Introductions & Updates - ShockPuppet - 05-19-2017

Quote:
1 hour ago, MightyMouse said:

should I just play vanilla 1st and mod later to get full game xp

Absolutely [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

And Welcome!

Introductions & Updates - Paeng - 05-19-2017

Quote:
2 hours ago, MightyMouse said:

should I just play vanilla 1st and mod later to get full game xp?

Quote:
1 hour ago, ShockPuppet said:

Absolutely [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'd agree with that... play vanilla first to get a feel of the Banished world, play some of the "achievements" which are like an extended tutorial... you can always start with mods later, they won't run away...  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

And it makes finding answers to questions (which you will definitely have) a lot easier  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Introductions & Updates - MightyMouse - 05-19-2017

Quote:
3 minutes ago, Paeng said:

I'd agree with that... play vanilla first to get a feel of the Banished world, play some of the "achievements" which are like an extended tutorial... you can always start with mods later, they won't run away...  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

And it makes finding answers to questions (which you will definitely have) a lot easier  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Game purchased, just need to finish work so I can get home and play.... cheers will go kill all my peeps in vanilla first

Introductions & Updates - Jafar_the_Barmecide - 05-20-2017

I played vanilla to begin with, it is a good place to start but it doesn't last long, I couldn't even wait to do the acheivements before I was craving extra content. I am now up to date on the mods and everything is working tickety-boo. The options are vast and sometimes tricky and the decoration selection is amazing. My general mistake with the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mods is producing everything I need because I want to build EVERYTHING and finding that the traders offer nothing that I'm not producing myself so things like bedding, trade animals and jade statues start clogging up storage instead of being traded. I now always leave a few things to get from the traders like roof tiles, and you can never have too many bricks.

Welcome <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16335-mightymouse/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="16335" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16335-mightymouse/">@MightyMouse</a> <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16148-f14d83/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="16148" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16148-f14d83/">@f14d83</a> <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14829" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/">@Kedryn</a>, et bienvenue <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15466-althenais/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15466" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15466-althenais/">@Althenais</a> (mon français est horrible, désolé)

Introductions & Updates - Vrayna - 05-24-2017

Quote:
On 11/05/2017 at 9:52 PM, Althenais said:

Française ou français ? (pure curiosité)

Mon anglais n'est pas trop moche ? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

FrançaisE! Et en vacance, donc pas très présente ici [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Pour l'anglais, ça m'a l'air de rouler. Surtout si je regarde le machin qu'on me demande d'éditer aujourd'hui, et qui est pourtant écrit par un Irlandais... Yikes.

Introductions & Updates - Jelizabug - 05-26-2017

Guess I should say hi, since I just made my profile. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> Long time lurker here as well, on the old site and on a couple of other Banished sites. I've played city builders since the original SimCity, and I was thrilled when Banished came out. It was a completely different experience, and I was sucked in immediately. I started playing <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> on, I think, the New Frontier? Possibly the version before that. Every time a new version comes out, I get giddy and my husband doesn't see me for a few days. Thanks to all the modders for everything you do to bring added enjoyment to the game!

Introductions & Updates - Althenais - 05-27-2017

Hi everyone new
[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

@Vrayna, ravie de voir que je ne suis ni la seule femme ni la seule française à aimer autant Banished que la BlackLiquid Team [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Et contente que mon anglais soit pas trop crade. J'avoue que des fois, j'ai du mal à savoir si les mots sont dans le bon ordre [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

L'anglais irlandais est le même que l'anglais anglais ? Parce que l'anglais américain n'est pas le même que l'anglais anglais, du coup, j'avoue que ça m'intrigue.

Un peu comme le français français et le français québecquois [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Introductions & Updates - Althenais - 05-27-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15298-jafar_the_barmecide/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15298-jafar_the_barmecide/">@Jafar_the_Barmecide</a>, your french is ok [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> And it's really nice to talk to me in french even it's not your originally language [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> Thank you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Introductions & Updates - Jafar_the_Barmecide - 05-27-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15466-althenais/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15466" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15466-althenais/">@Althenais</a> Mon accent français est horrible, les Français n'aiment pas m'entendre parler. Ils me disent que je tue leur langue, trop l'Australien lol